Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

Hose looping over and over...
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:41 pm »
When pulling off the reel, hose is coming off the reel and looping. Sooo, it's time for new hose, but I fancy a new reel. I like the look of the Coxreel CM. Anyone got/used one? Any reviews on it? Any links? I've seen it on Xline for £265. Don't want to pay that much. If I can't get it cheaper I'll get one of the Purefreedom professional hose and reels for £138. Anyone use one of the Purefreedom professional reels and what do you think to it?

Ta.
We look at them, they look through them.

ants

Re: Hose looping over and over...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:49:19 pm »
ive just bought a pure freedom hose and reel,simply because the hose is already on the reel when you get it, saving time,or so i thought.
In reality its a nightmare to use,the hose is machine rolled on so it fits the reel perfectly.Not the case when you hand reel it back after a few uses the reel isnt deep enough to hold all the hose which causes it to overspill and wrap round the socket.
Very time consuming to correct
Also i find the hose to thick and heavy.
I prefer 6mm  hose  and regret buying the pure freedom one.

Positivity

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:49 am »
ive just bought a pure freedom hose and reel,simply because the hose is already on the reel when you get it, saving time,or so i thought.
In reality its a nightmare to use,the hose is machine rolled on so it fits the reel perfectly.Not the case when you hand reel it back after a few uses the reel isnt deep enough to hold all the hose which causes it to overspill and wrap round the socket.
Have you got the full 100 metres on the reel? I always cut off 30 metres put connectors on it leave it as an extension in the van. Very rarely have to use it 70 metres does just about every job I do.
P.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:02:55 am »
Don't waste your money on a Pure Freedom reel, they are terrible.
Claber reels are what I use now, cheap and quality.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 10:30:07 am »
if your using cold water go for the claber reel(about £40)and 100m of standard gardiners microbore 6mm.excellent.fits all 100m on.i need all 100m of hose at least once a week.very good value.

pure freedom reels also have an annoying plastic spindle that will split and leak in time.lots of backposts on these types of reels.dont buy one.
price higher/work harder!

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 05:08:57 pm »

Is this the 'professional reel' you have mate?
We look at them, they look through them.

ants

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 07:32:19 pm »
It must have been ,it was £138

jarvy

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 08:06:25 pm »
My pure freedom hose and reel is now 7 years old and still going strong. The only nthing i changed was the hose socket on the spindle to a 90° one. And hose has hot water through it in the winter.
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"