Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chanster00

extreme extension sections. Need help/advice
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:01:51 pm »
Is the 6 extra strong extensions worth the asking price? Only go a few jobs and yes after a year I'll have the money back. But is it worth it? Will it whip everywhere? Or should I just stay clear of extending up above 60 feet?

dazmond

Re: extreme extension sections. Need help/advice
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:30:11 pm »
only you know whether the high jobs you ve got are worth it.

i personally dont go over 50 ft and make a good living.plenty of good work to be had under this height.

i couldnt imagine cleaning a window over 60 ft and wouldnt want to really unless the money was REALLY good.lol.

there will be a lot of bend in the pole thats for sure no matter what pole you buy.
price higher/work harder!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:42:27 pm »
Try adding extensions whilst holding the pole.

It's not only dangerous but hard. You can add them the pole closed but that's a challenge in its self.

If you have someone who help then it's great.

Only been up to 60ft with em. Did a couple of windows and that was all that was needed on the job

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 06:52:59 pm »
Few jobs...no.
I've said it before but I believe in relationships.
If there's someone near you who'd do the high stuff for you could sub him just for that.
Form the relationship. Build on it. I've been burnt doing this but it still hasn't put me off.
You'd be able to get his invoice and then offset it against the job.
Me personally, I wouldn't have the long gear if it took a full year to pay it off.
Each to their own though.
I think that's the way forward and you also benefit by (IMO) doing high stuff irregularly is much more tiring and dangerous. Someone who does it day in, day out is gonna be quicker and safer.
I regularly work at 80' but when I was much less confident, and I now realise that made me a little bit dangerouss, I also found it much harder work.
Doing it regularly makes you much stronger which in turn makes you more confident which in turn makes you  safer.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.