Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

michael robinson

question on pure water
« on: July 23, 2014, 03:02:40 pm »
hi guys this is non window cleaning question, just wondering you guys who are lucky enough to have a 0 reading straight from your ro, whereas after ro on mine it still reads 30 and I have to use resin to polish it off nightmare, so the question was have you guys who doesn't use the resin ever use the water for consumption, just wondering if it actually improves the taste after ro?. because I believe it is undrinkable once it has been through resin, cheers just curious.

SeanK

Re: question on pure water
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 03:48:38 pm »
I wouldn't drink any of it, as there could be a build up of germs in the tank and the R.O. membrane.
As for the taste, yes it would taste better because you would have removed the chlorine.

windymiller

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 07:57:53 pm »
my tap water is 33 when i checked at weekend, so yes get 0 after ro. :)

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:00:48 pm »
Reverse osmosis units are designed and installed in people's homes to make water drinkable . Water companies also use industrial scale RO 's to provide the water supplied to our homes .

So yes I assume you could drink it if you wanted to providing you changed filters at the recommended intervals . Mike

Paul T

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 09:47:57 pm »
I find Guinness tastes better  ;D
But you can't clean windows with it ;D