Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

ro help
« on: July 18, 2014, 10:38:26 am »
as my round is getting bigger and bigger i find im using way more water and i think it may be time to start looking at an ro setup as im just using twin di setup with 75ppm water round here, i need an ro that i can set up in van and fill within an hour or two 400 litres.
i cant have a storage tank etc as i live in a terrace right on the main rd.
am i right that i should be thinking about a 4040 ro and do i need a carbon sediment filters etc?

colin bird

Re: ro help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 08:30:05 pm »
as my round is getting bigger and bigger i find im using way more water and i think it may be time to start looking at an ro setup as im just using twin di setup with 75ppm water round here, i need an ro that i can set up in van and fill within an hour or two 400 litres.
i cant have a storage tank etc as i live in a terrace right on the main rd.
am i right that i should be thinking about a 4040 ro and do i need a carbon sediment filters etc?
I have a van mounted system with a4040 ro,works for me as I have good mains pressure if you mains pressure is low you nay need a booster pump,that's what I've read on this forum

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 05:18:43 pm »
cool what sort of amount of water can you produce upto in an hour on these big 4040's, ive seen theres plastic and metal housings too does that make a difference and also how long do the membranes last as they dont seem too cheap!

Avo

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »
4040 might be over kill for you mate I'd say a merlin plus booster could be a great little option and far cheaper to manage.. 4040 hf4 hf5 last anything between 18 months and 4 years depending on your water not cheap replacing them every 18 months

I get 1.6 litres a minute from my 4040 hf4

I miss my merlin tbh!

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:16 pm »
the reson im thinking 4040 is because i need to fill the system quickly as i run a hose outside the house on the front foot path.
it takes about 20 mins just to fill the 400 ltr tank every day from the tap so if i could get something that would do it in an hour or two max that would be great, it just depends how much though to buy it all as i only go through a bag of resin every 6-8 months using twin di method with 2 11 ltr tanks and using aprx 3-400 litres of water a day.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 07:04:32 pm »
A fellow window cleaner also lives in a terrace house and he only has street parking. He has a 1 1/2" hose from his IBC tank at the back running under the house and out the front. He joins up another section and pipes it into his van across the pavement which he monitors. Using a submersible he is able to fill his 650 liter tank in about 15 minutes max.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 07:51:34 pm »
lol wish i could run a pipe under the house, i had an ibc tank but it was an eye sore in the yard and meant i'd have to run a pipe through the house everyday so it has to van mounted really and im getting myself a transit soon so will have plenty more room than a partner van!