Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: How You Can Make More Profit From Carpet Cleaning
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 08:34:22 pm »
No it's not :D

Find out what you did to make the phone rings once....... Then repeat that a 100 times

Or maybe better find out what made the phone ring 5 times then repeat that 20 times.

This is why asking every call ......" Where did you get our number" is important, if you don't track your calls you can't replicate any successful marketing
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Hilton

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 09:05:45 pm »
Depends on what you did to get that phone to ring the first time , it might have taken 5000 leaflets so to get another 100 to ring you would have to do potentially another 500000 leaflets.

It's too simplistic to say just do that and this will happen otherwise everyone would be doing it.
Now if you want to talk about proper marketing then Im all for it but Just saying cut this and look how rich you can be is of course complete bollix..

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 10:07:00 pm »
No you are wrong it is that simple, if you are running a successful business then replicating your successfull marketing is the key to keeping busy

The key words are 'successful marketing' if it took you 5000 leaflets to get one job then obviously that was not a example of 'successful marketing' so replicating it would be a bad idea.

This again goes back to tracking your marketing, finding out what works, then keep doing it.

And everyone who is successful is doing it

Hilton

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:02 pm »
How can it be wrong I was using your own and others example, it's simple get one customer and 5 gazillions will follow. I know it was complete rubbish just like the original post is but hey if I'm wrong I ready to hear how it's done.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 10:26:54 pm »
Sorry it's not wrong just complete 'bollixs'

If you are ready to see how it's done then read my reply above, or are you saying replicating successful marketing does not work?

Hilton

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »
Well that's what I said in the first place.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 10:32:16 pm »
Sorry hilton edited my post while you were posting

Any chance you could elaborate why it's bollixs?

Hilton

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 09:11:45 am »
and apologies as I have only just seen your reply;

What 'ever' form of marketing you do your phone will ring once, so was it successful?

Anyone reading the above may be led to believe that if this happens then it must be so, so it must be replicated because eventually you will break through and the phone will be ringing off the hook but once it does then stop the phone ringing by cherry picking the work you want to do by doubling your prices  ::)roll

Thats why I was saying it is complete bollix especially when in your first years of struggling to get the phone to ring in the first place to fill your week with work while building your data base. I believe its misleading to say the above and if followed and it does not happen, as it surely won't early on, its soul destroying and probably leads to many placing their kit up for sale because of 'other' business commitments, when we all know in reality they just can not make it work.

Your success has been built on many years of 'trialing' and building marketing formulae that works for you and you would have carried out some marketing that was a complete donkey so you dropped it so of course you will replicate what 'now' works but even then it must be updated and old systems dropped that are no longer relevant.

What irked me on all this was the its so simple, phone rings repeat that and hey presto champagne by the pool in the South of France every year.  Oh and by the way don't forget to double your prices every year.  ::)roll

Sometimes we just all need a bit of balance and a reality check it will take a long time to find what works for you in your geographical area and the target market you are aiming at, then of course I am fully on board that replicating and updating is a must for a successfull business.

derek west

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 04:37:37 pm »
and apologies as I have only just seen your reply;

What 'ever' form of marketing you do your phone will ring once, so was it successful?

Anyone reading the above may be led to believe that if this happens then it must be so, so it must be replicated because eventually you will break through and the phone will be ringing off the hook but once it does then stop the phone ringing by cherry picking the work you want to do by doubling your prices  ::)roll

Thats why I was saying it is complete bollix especially when in your first years of struggling to get the phone to ring in the first place to fill your week with work while building your data base. I believe its misleading to say the above and if followed and it does not happen, as it surely won't early on, its soul destroying and probably leads to many placing their kit up for sale because of 'other' business commitments, when we all know in reality they just can not make it work.

Your success has been built on many years of 'trialing' and building marketing formulae that works for you and you would have carried out some marketing that was a complete donkey so you dropped it so of course you will replicate what 'now' works but even then it must be updated and old systems dropped that are no longer relevant.

What irked me on all this was the its so simple, phone rings repeat that and hey presto champagne by the pool in the South of France every year.  Oh and by the way don't forget to double your prices every year.  ::)roll

Sometimes we just all need a bit of balance and a reality check it will take a long time to find what works for you in your geographical area and the target market you are aiming at, then of course I am fully on board that replicating and updating is a must for a successfull business.

isnt that what mike said, find out what works and spend more money on it? or did i read mikes post wrong.

Darren O

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 11:31:00 am »
Ive got a local customer i clean for been doing there carpets for years they run a tree surgeon buisness probably one of the biggest in the country they are minted i was talking to her about advertising she said every customer that phones them when they ask them how did you here about us 70% said they seen one of your vans.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 08:07:27 pm »
i might not have the best signage in the world but i've only ever received three jobs in two years directly from the signage.  :'(

Hilton

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:11 pm »
Ive got a local customer i clean for been doing there carpets for years they run a tree surgeon buisness probably one of the biggest in the country they are minted i was talking to her about advertising she said every customer that phones them when they ask them how did you here about us 70% said they seen one of your vans.

70% if true is astounding, critical mass territory now wonder they are so wealthy.

Darren O

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 08:27:46 am »
Thy must have at least 6 or 7 vans and been going for over 30 years.

jasonl

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 11:14:24 am »
I only agree with replicating what works to a point .

In the example above for example " 70% of work from vans "  so what should they do buy more vans and drive them around?

if you get lots of work off 4 websites should you get 40 more ?

Of course not . At some point each method will become saturated and returns will diminish.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 01:49:15 pm »
If you get lots of work from 4 websites?  Then have you not replicated 1 website 4 times?

'Www.Carpet cleaning Sheffield' worked well so you made 'carpet cleaning doncaster' then you replicated that to 'carpet cleaning Rotherham' ........you keep going to cover all areas that you work in. Allkare have done this.

If you get all your work from 7 vans then haven't you replicated from the 1 van you started with

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »
Hang on a second, why are some of you so he'll bent on spending money by replicating what gets the phone ringing? If your a successful business then people respond to whatever advertising you do and you gain customers. From there on you multiply your customers by having them use you again and recommend you to others, all of which is free, that is how a carpet cleaning business grows. The whole idea is to spend as little on paid for marketing and grow on the back of the quality and service that allows you to multiply your customer, which is how you make your business more profitable, as there is no marketing cost to gaining those extra customers.
The only reason I can see for needing to replicate your marketing is if you can't retain your customers and being forced to throw ever more money at getting the phone to ring, which suggests and entirely different problem.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 08:50:42 pm »
what about of you take on staff and need to keep them working or even if you start working as a 2 man team so work quicker or do as Derek suggest and double your prices so lose half your customers so need new higher paying customers to fill in the spaces.

Lots of reason to market for new customers.

The biggest reason is if the phone is ringing constantly you can charge higher prices without the fear of losing work as you will always have other calls to fill the spaces

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 12:20:39 am »
Thy must have at least 6 or 7 vans and been going for over 30 years.

well there's your answer right there. 30 years in business, their work will be coming from  repeats and recommendations. Plus the fact their vans and other marketing efforts over the space of 30 years have crept in to peoples subconscious.

I don't  think its possible for 70% of there NEW business comes from signage.