Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomo

switch on varistream....aaarrrggghhhh
« on: December 02, 2006, 09:46:27 pm »
For some time now the switch on my varistream has been sticking and having seen recent posts on this subject followed their advice of how to stop it.

Now though its really broke my bro-inlaw is electronic's engineer and he took it apart.... i was told by williamsonspumps that the new varistream  circuit board is now anchored to a point inside the box whereas the older(my version ) is prone to turning freely inside the box....

williamsonspumps i found really unhelpful and quoted nealy 50 pound to fix it plus carriage, for that i would rather get a new one. my brother - inlaw pointed out a weakness on the board which could cause the solder to snap on one of the components and said that he has seen this before on another varistream he tried to fix for my mate anyone else had problems with it....

i lost a days work last week and would have lost monday but now my mate who has a huge reach and wash company had one in stock in his unit that i could buy off him so saved but for nearly best part of £100 pounds not including delivery i am disappointed in a product that only lasted just over 12 months

Roy Harding

Re: switch on varistream....aaarrrggghhhh
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 11:11:19 pm »
Tomo

I had the first varistream sold and it still is perfect, this is the mark 1 version. I did say to williamsons about the switch on the mark11 but they said the design boffins said it would be fine.

Some have set the flow rate and put a new switch in the red wire coming from the battery.

I just sent you an email on your question.

Roy

tomo

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:20:06 pm »
cheers roy to both ;D

neil100

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 08:32:15 am »
I dont use a varistream.

60psi flowjet pump,100 mtr micro bore hose and perfect flow.

Why add a complication. If I want the flow turned down I can use my valve on my hose. But I only ever use the valve to turn water on and off.

Nel.

tomo

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 09:22:40 am »
neil as i work with a trolley system i normally use a flow rate of 2l per min is that possible with your set up? let me know please

cheers neil

regards tomo

Extremeclean

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 11:10:03 am »
I got another Freedom trolley delivered this week and noticed that the Varistream now has a proper numpty on it. I havent had the sticking problems at all but I can see that the old one could well be prone to this after a while.

Looking at what people have said I think its an improvement.

Rich.

neil100

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 07:58:51 pm »
The last time I checked it was between 1.9ltrs a min and 2.3ltrs depending on how much juice is in the battery.

Nel