Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Positivity

What would you do?
« on: April 17, 2014, 08:53:02 am »
About 2 years ago I got phone call to clean a house - the windows were really bad with paint and bitumen on which I removed - hard work - fortunately I did charge a 1st clean price.
Month later I had to text for gate access for a regular clean - the start of a new job thought I.
Reply "We're having an extension built can you leave it until it's finished?"
A year later another phone call "Extension finished at last can you start cleaning the windows regularly now.
Another 1st clean cleaning up after the builders mess.
A month later text for gate access for start of regular monthly clean.
Reply "Oh sorry we spent up on the extension I don't think we can afford to have the windows cleaned every month."
Got a phone call yesterday
"I know it's been a while but can you come and clean my windows?" :) :)

gary999

Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:56:30 am »
price high so its more than worth your while.if they dont bite
no great loss

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:14:52 am »
No problem really.
Charge first clean price.
Explain what it works out to if they have them done say twice a year then tell them your monthly/2monthly price.
Puts a bit of perspective in it for them.
Upsell by saying 'that's to have clean windows all the time (within reason) not just a couple of times a year'
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:15:42 am »
I'd say I was too busy with my regulars.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Simon Mess

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:40:38 am »
I couldn't be bothered with the hassle and unpredictability of customers like that, so i wouldn't do it!. But, if you need the work and/or have the time to do it, then you might as well, but as has been said, make sure and charge an appropriate price.

lal

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:46:04 am »
I couldn't be bothered with the hassle and unpredictability of customers like that, so i wouldn't do it!. But, if you need the work and/or have the time to do it, then you might as well, but as has been said, make sure and charge an appropriate price.

+1

dannymack

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 01:33:04 pm »
Wouldn't care if I really needed the work I wouldn't bother bloody messers. What do these people think window cleaners do ? Sit at home and sign on then waiting for there call for ya to come clean there windows when they think here dirty yeah right !!!!!

You'll probably clean it then when it's due again there will be another excuse sod erm off and tell e you don't work like that
Cheeky beggars lol !!!! 😁

Positivity

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 04:03:02 pm »
Wouldn't care if I really needed the work I wouldn't bother bloody messers. What do these people think window cleaners do ? Sit at home and sign on then waiting for there call for ya to come clean there windows when they think here dirty yeah right !!!!!

You'll probably clean it then when it's due again there will be another excuse sod erm off and tell e you don't work like that
Cheeky beggars lol !!!!
Hi Dannymack told her I have so many regular customers having trouble keeping up (True!) so it's not worth taking on a customer for a once a year clean. I feel she has got me - on two minging first cleans on the promise of a regular job!
Not on really is it?

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 04:08:25 pm »

Cheeky beggars lol !!!!
Hi Dannymack told her I have so many regular customers having trouble keeping up (True!) so it's not worth taking on a customer for a once a year clean. I feel she has got me - on two minging first cleans oon the promise of a regular job!
Not on really is it?
You had the last say, though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 06:17:26 pm »
What do these people think window cleaners do ? Sit at home and sign on then waiting for there call for ya to come clean there windows when they think here dirty yeah right !!!!!

Yes that exactly what they think
Dave.

robbo333

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 06:32:26 pm »
I don't mind doing 'one-offs' or 'call me when you need them doing' cleans, providing people are honest with me.
Everyone knows where they stand and you can choose to do it, or not, and price accordingly.
I do get a bit the hump when people try and pull a fast one and I think that's what's happened here.
The answers no!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

H20cleaning

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 06:33:31 pm »
Cheeky bitch! I would go round and take a dump in her kettle

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 06:54:34 pm »
I'd say I was too busy with my regulars.

same as

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 07:20:42 pm »
It's a game of three halves!