Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronaldo

Pole hose
« on: April 14, 2014, 06:29:52 pm »
Have been wfp for years now and ever since I started one of my major problems is pole hoses kinking and knotting itself up and basically driving me berserk' is there any hose out there where this problem doesn't happen and if so where can I get it.   
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Dave Willis

Re: Pole hose
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 06:51:50 pm »
Not been invented yet!

Gardiners latest stuff isn't bad but it still needs laying flat and untwisting once a day. I think it's the coiling it up every time that spoils it.

Aquadapter hose is horrendous stuff in my opinion yet some guys love it.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:24 pm »
The best stuff I used was techbuk or techbuk , don't know if they still do it it's red pipe

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:23:35 pm »
Been using orange aquadapter hose for over a year now and still going strong , It is the best pole hose I have ever used . Mike

Positivity

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:27:23 am »
Have been wfp for years now and ever since I started one of my major problems is pole hoses kinking and knotting itself up and basically driving me berserk' is there any hose out there where this problem doesn't happen and if so where can I get it.   
Undo a clamp and spin the brush head a few times anti-clockwise or clockwise after each job.
You'll soon find out which way to spin the brush head 'cos it will either make it worse or better!!!!
Next time you fit pole hose "condition" it first by unwinding it straight off the coil and laying it out flat for an hour or two.
I unroll mine and leave it stretched out on the rafters of the garage until I need to fit it.

jk999

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 02:14:02 pm »
Still waiting for the star treck hose  but dont know when its out

Soupy

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 02:23:21 pm »
Having tried Gardiners latest pole hose offering I am not overly impressed. The hose dose't kink too much, which is great but, as it has gotten warmer and the hose has become softer if you snag it, it pulls right out of the fitting. Annoying.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 02:52:04 pm »
Having tried Gardiners latest pole hose offering I am not overly impressed. The hose dose't kink too much, which is great but, as it has gotten warmer and the hose has become softer if you snag it, it pulls right out of the fitting. Annoying.

If it is pulling off of barbed connectors then the pole hose will need one of these fitting - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/inner-ring-o-clip-hose-clamp-stainless-steel.html

If it is pulling out of push-fit connections then these can be used - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/John-Guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-Barb-PM250806E.html one on either side of the push fit connector.

Carl2009

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 03:21:55 pm »
I've tried lots of hoses and the best I find is Streamline's Lite 5. It's a braided hose that remains completely supple even in minus conditions. Lasts for ages but, as with most things, it aint cheap.

http://www.varitechsystems.co.uk/node.php?id=414&catid=11

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 04:52:31 pm »
I've tried lots of hoses and the best I find is Streamline's Lite 5. It's a braided hose that remains completely supple even in minus conditions. Lasts for ages but, as with most things, it aint cheap.

http://www.varitechsystems.co.uk/node.php?id=414&catid=11

Crikey, can you still buy that stuff!! I used to use it years ago when Cleantech supplied it, may last long but weighs a tonne!