Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony dunmall

Conservatory roof
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:48:39 am »
Hi guys

Reluctantly cleaning more con roofs now, I've noted in past reading different threads many spray on cleaning product to eliminate most of the scrubbing what different products do you use and what is best place to purchase from?

I was planning mixing in jerry can and pumping over with portable before clean or would some recommend different approach

Be interested to hear others comments please

Tony

dazmond

Re: Conservatory roof
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 09:19:20 am »
tony i use virosol(£6-50 per 5l tub).it will last you ages.5l pressure sprayer from b&q.jobs a good un.great for conny roofs and low level g/f/s.

for very dirty high s/f/g i spray ettore UPVC cleaner directly on brush.

let it soak for a few mins and scrub and rinse like mad!! ;) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:24:51 am »
Hi guys

Reluctantly cleaning more con roofs now, I've noted in past reading different threads many spray on cleaning product to eliminate most of the scrubbing what different products do you use and what is best place to purchase from?

I was planning mixing in jerry can and pumping over with portable before clean or would some recommend different approach

Be interested to hear others comments please

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RT2-RirECY

Buy a cheap pump up sprayer with a small lance, something around the £10 mark. Dilute to what you feel safe with.

Purchase some UBIK 2000 and apply to roof.

If its in the sun, do not let it dry on.

Leave to soak for around 1 - 20 mins depending on temperature.

Scrub and clean

FYI on the last roof i did, i applied the HSC then washed the roof with a hose pipe before any scrubbing, made the job a bit easier.

Price wise cleaningspot.co.uk seems to be best. Free delv and what not over 45£ plus vat i think.........

Gone back to Virosol several times and just find its crap. But each to their own.

If you are doing lots then invest in a cheap pole to apply it all from the ground, and spot treat bad areas (fascia)

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 09:29:36 am »
also take 20 m of extension hose with you in your van for hooking up to customers outside taps.makes the job easier as faster flow from jets esp for conny roofs.and you save your pure.
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 10:16:20 am »
also take 20 m of extension hose with you in your van for hooking up to customers outside taps.makes the job easier as faster flow from jets esp for conny roofs.and you save your pure.

one of the best tips I ever got from the forum  :)

lal

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 10:46:18 am »

Can you buy Viro sol in the big DIY place's like B&Q or anywhere in particular, i live in Galway Ireland.

Best Regards
Lal

Bill.upnw

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 10:59:09 am »
Ubik is king

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 11:26:10 am »
ive only done a few conservatorys but ive found as soon as i get there give it a good soaking with water to soften the algae dirt etc then ive been spraying tfr on and then scrub and wash them down, as simple as that, i use the ladders and a small streamline brush i got cheap thats about 4-6ft and do each panel carefully!
im about to order one of these off ebay though-http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130872152672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

gary999

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 11:34:31 am »
Spray whatever chemical you use...wait for appropriate time
plug into customers tap  scrub rinse collect payment

simples :)

dannymack

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »
I use wee spray that all over let the acid do its work then scrub gently & rinse off cost nothing
I think I'm taking the P lol !!!! 👍😳😬😝

G Griffin

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 12:46:06 pm »
I use wee spray that all over let the acid do its work then scrub gently & rinse off cost nothing
I think I'm taking the P lol !!!! 👍😳😬😝
Isn't the flow too low at your age?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 06:10:00 pm »
Spray whatever chemical you use...wait for appropriate time
plug into customers tap  scrub rinse collect payment

simples :)

+1
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"