Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

profitability...........monthly or bi monthly
« on: April 05, 2014, 04:52:31 pm »
The vast majority of my work is Monthly just the way i have had my mind set i suppose i am now rethinking my whole approach to Bi monthly work.
I recently put up a post entitled "customers cant read or understand" basically i quoted £12 per month and she says "ok do them every 2 months" i did them last week for £16.00 every 2 month and because of the comments and WFP system we use, i am starting to think it may be right to start pricing everything on a  bi monthly basis as i feel they dont take any longer, in most cases, to clean and therefore per hour are probably more profitable.

Any thoughts or views?

would be interested to hear from anyone who as made a significant change from monthly to bi monthly or 4 weekly to 8 weekly

Regards
Bob

mlscontractcleaner

Re: profitability...........monthly or bi monthly
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:06:38 pm »
It just means you'll need twice as many customers to fill your time, but once you get them you'll be earning more.
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 05:41:45 pm »
On paper it sounds great but to fill 8 weeks will take a long time.

You £16 customer may get quoted £10 every 4 weeks then think why am
I paying £16 every 8 weeks.

In 8 weeks a lot can happen. You can have a customer move house and not tell you.

I think 8 weeks is a great way to work BUT I like monthly and a mixture of bi monthly.

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 05:58:33 pm »
Nearly all of my work is 8 weekly. I believe you can price higher on that frequency. I reckon you can add 30%. I do believe jobs take a little longer. But not 30% longer.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 06:28:59 pm »
Here are my words of wisdom please take it of leave it as you see fit...

Firstly, the price should always be higher for less frequent cleans, yes the 8 wky clean barely takes longer than a 4 wky, however you are providing a more bespoke service, and as said in an earlier post you need more to fill up your round space - not double nearer 1 and three quarters. But a round of eight weekly work is less stressful, less complaining, and a BIGGER hourly earner.

Customers who do eight weekly, never complain about frequency or price, and seem happier to see you turn up - it never feels like only last week !!

When canvassing or quoting I always push the benefits of an 8 wky clean over 4 wky.

We charge for first cleans double of a 4 wky clean, 8 wky cleans are between 25 and 50% more.

I used to pitch the 4 wky price then the 8 wky, this rarely meant I got the eight weeker or lead to confusion about why it was more for an 8 week service, it was even more problematic if the customer wanted to change from 4 to 8 not wanting to paid the extra.

NOW..

After hitting them with the first clean price the 8 wky price is quoted ( but as a STANDARD price ) which is at least 50% cheaper so customer is already into the ooo that's cheaper mode,  then I offer the PREMIUM  4 wky service at a "discounted" price.

Now the customer has the choice of saving even more money per clean, but paying out over twice as many times.

I am not worried which they take, but as the majority see cleaning as a necessary evil they happily plump for 8 wky.the customer who takes four wky is now aware that should they change at any time to 8 wky the "discount" stops and are prepared to pay for eight wky cleans

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 06:49:09 pm »
Bi-monthly is a magazine Geoff Lord subscribes to you.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

*Hector*

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 06:54:30 pm »
;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Herve garrot

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 07:32:18 pm »
well, I've just started pushing for the 8 weekly clean. at £12 instead of £10 4 weekly clean and I'm actually thinking of increasing it to £13 every 8 weeks. the good points as stated are thet those are solid customers, not resenting seeing you so often and once you've got lots of work you don't need to worry too much about cancellations as £13 every other month is very affordable

steven ainger

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 08:59:12 pm »
 i dont do 4 wkly cleans,
i find that most people are not that bothered about  4 wkly cleans and prefer a slightly longer frequency and i always stick a bit more £ on for the longer frequency.
i also find that most houses dont take any longer either,
 i dont know if location plays a part, because i live in a semi rural area with no industry to speak of and no huge volumes of traffic.
i normally tell new custies i call between 6-8 weeks seems to work for me  ;D

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 10:16:40 pm »
I can't understand why anyone offers a lower price for a 4 weekly.
Why would you want to earn the lower figure, in the long run you will earn less?
I offer one high price and the customer chooses monthly or 2 monthly.
About 2 thirds choose 2 monthly but a lot of people like to have it done monthly so go with that.
I have some very nice monthlys ranging from £30 to £60, would have cost them the same 2 monthly but they wanted a more regular clean.

Geoff

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »

You thought I'd miss that, didn't you?

Not quite!

;D ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 12:13:34 am »

Firstly, the price should always be higher for less frequent cleans, yes the 8 wky clean barely takes longer than a 4 wky, however you are providing a more bespoke service, and as said in an earlier post you need more to fill up your round space - not double nearer 1 and three quarters. But a round of eight weekly work is less stressful, less complaining, and a BIGGER hourly earner.

Customers who do eight weekly, never complain about frequency or price, and seem happier to see you turn up - it never feels like only last week !!

When canvassing or quoting I always push the benefits of an 8 wky clean over 4 wky.

We charge for first cleans double of a 4 wky clean, 8 wky cleans are between 25 and 50% more.

I used to pitch the 4 wky price then the 8 wky, this rarely meant I got the eight weeker or lead to confusion about why it was more for an 8 week service, it was even more problematic if the customer wanted to change from 4 to 8 not wanting to paid the extra.

NOW..

After hitting them with the first clean price the 8 wky price is quoted ( but as a STANDARD price ) which is at least 50% cheaper so customer is already into the ooo that's cheaper mode,  then I offer the PREMIUM  4 wky service at a "discounted" price.

Now the customer has the choice of saving even more money per clean, but paying out over twice as many times.

I am not worried which they take, but as the majority see cleaning as a necessary evil they happily plump for 8 wky.the customer who takes four wky is now aware that should they change at any time to 8 wky the "discount" stops and are prepared to pay for eight wky cleans

Darran

Spot on Darren.

I've just started doing this and it is working very well.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 09:24:18 am »

NOW..

Darran

I have just found my new refined way of offering 4 and 8 weekly options to new customers! Thank you Darren!

I have been simply saying we do monthly and two monthly (meaning 4/8 weekly) cleans and your house will be (say) £12 monthly or £16 every 8 weeks which do you prefer?

But your way is better - if I quote £16 and offer the PREMIUM 4 weekly service at a discount of £12 it sounds better. And of course the first clean is still going to be tailored to the situation but always higher. 
It's a game of three halves!

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 09:29:28 am »

NOW..

Darran

I have just found my new refined way of offering 4 and 8 weekly options to new customers! Thank you Darren!

I have been simply saying we do monthly and two monthly (meaning 4/8 weekly) cleans and your house will be (say) £12 monthly or £16 every 8 weeks which do you prefer?

But your way is better - if I quote £16 and offer the PREMIUM 4 weekly service at a discount of £12 it sounds better. And of course the first clean is still going to be tailored to the situation but always higher. 

i might start to do this myself....i will have to practice in front of the mirror first ;D

Ian101

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 09:34:06 am »
just got a vision of bob standing in front of mirror going "you looking at me"  ;D ;D

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 09:35:33 am »
No problem gold,

It really cuts out all the queries and indignant looks you get when telling the customer it's dearer for 8 wky, if are certainly happier when under the impression that 8 wky price is the norm but can have money off ( like a favour ) for the monthly clean, no one feels hard done by,  I get a cracking price for the eight wky cleans, but if choose four wky ( which is less and less now ) I still get by rate.

It also helps on price rises as you only need to raise them every other year, (12 cleans) and the rise can be more than a four wky as the impact to their pocket is less.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

bobplum

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 09:47:20 am »
just got a vision of bob standing in front of mirror going "you looking at me"  ;D ;D

naked............

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 04:52:21 pm »

naked............

Ugh!🙈

Crystal-clear

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 02:21:28 pm »
You don't need double the work you need around 50% more and yes youll be earning much more,as customer are happy to pay more for less regular its true that it takes more time to establish as in u need to wait 6 months compared to 3 months to find out who's serious and who's not
I'm 95% bi monthly