Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: what do people want blood
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 09:08:09 am »
GOLD green algae is easy to clean off.soak with pure and virosol and it comes off easily.most add on jobs come from existing customers so no driving to and from jobs therefore cutting down time taken. ;) :)
price higher/work harder!

tlwcs

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 09:28:42 am »
But it is half a days work Tony.

If you are on the glass 2 hours you then have to drive there, set up and pack away and take at least some thing extra such as detergent or stiffer brush. You always have to do the sides as well.

Add to that it's always harder work than w/c and so it feels like more!

In my book that 2 hours becomes three in total and I only work 6 hours a day generally! ;D

I have just made a decision to charge properly for conny roofs.

Except for the smallest of lean-to's I reckon £50 is a starting point for an existing customer and £75 for a non-existing.

Any sign of "green algae" and it's more.

I know that, you know that.
Pricing with a time is asking for the customer to expect that or to do a couple of windows to make up that time quoted.
Tony

Ian101

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 10:21:27 am »
Conny roof customers defo fall into one of 2 camps ...

£95 great that's fine when can you do it ??

or

£95 how much ?? ... thought it would be a tenner you only spray your squirty brush over it

so always price it to suit yourself

once priced a FSG at £120 for 3 bed detached bloke went how much blah blah ect ect so let him rant and when he shut up simply asked "have you ever done one?" ... errrr no was the reply so explained equipment costs, shoulder ache, time it takes and how many houses I can window clean in that time ... got the job and has been a great regular for about 18 months now  :)

dave f

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 01:14:06 pm »
im up in west yorkshire ive just been out this morning to see a job that i got from posting some flyers the other day its just up the road from me,any way gets there it a double conservatory not over big .bit awkward and green so i quoted £60 which i thought was cheap.for the work involved on this job .ill.let you know .yeh right .tight git. the thing is all the white pannels are green as well ,drain pipe etc .but if i get the job i think would expect me to do the rest so i need to re avaluate me thinks

Marc Stock

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 02:23:45 pm »
Conservatory roof cleans round here are about £140 on average.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 06:22:41 pm »
What's the point in being cheap they don't  have them done yearly they just wait until they are bad .
I think £50 should be a starting price this would be for a hour are just over.
Spit and polish

dave f

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 08:03:32 am »
£140 quid :o where abouts are you? i think i will have to do some canvassing for half the price . ;D

Soupy

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 08:10:24 am »
£35 isn't nearly enough for a conservatory roof. £50ish for a regular customer - while I'm there. £100+ for a one off. Not many people will pay £100+ for it but if I do it for less than that it's a waste of my time.

My first reaction when people ask for a one off conservatory roof is to refuse. Regular customers only luv. When they tell me they NEED it done I tell them it's £100+ before I have even seen it. If they are happy with that, fine. If not, also fine.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

philmh

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 10:35:00 am »
One of my cusgomers asked last week to have his roof cleaned. When I told him it would cost extra, immediately his reply was 'don't bother then'! Never even asked to find out bow much lol. We must have the tightest customers here in Leeds,  think we're ripping them off at £40. This is why I hate conservatory roofs!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 11:04:58 am »
All you people saying £35 is not enough im talking a small roof inc cresting and finials, if it was really green then yes i would charge a bit more and larger roofs obviously more.

But what I would like to know is how you can say £35 is not enough,you can say that its too cheap for you, but no one knows what i need to earn but me.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Soupy

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 11:08:30 am »
Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't even look at a conservatory roof for £35 though. No one knows what I need to earn but me.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

dave f

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 01:21:02 pm »
imo the area denotes the price, up in west yorkshire not the posh end i would be very suprised at any more than 50/60 .unless some up here knows different.any way im happy with what i charge no point in being greedy  imo