Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne m

Fao GQC (Tim)
« on: February 16, 2014, 08:42:51 am »
Just reading through the post regarding pulling hoses out of the van and see an old thread of yours and really like the roller guides you put through the van floor. I've just found the parts on eBay and thinking of doing this to my van but just want to know if it was easy enough to do and if you think the guides you used are perfect for the job now you've been using them for a while? Thanks in advance for the help

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Winch-Heavy-Duty-Stainless-Steel-roller-fairlead-255mm-hole-centres-New-RFS15000-/310437570870?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item4847856936
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400651224192?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Clever Forum Name

Re: Fao GQC (Tim)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:51:21 am »
BUMP :)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:01:17 pm »
:*(

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 08:11:34 am »
I haven’t seen Tim on here commenting for quite a while.

This is the second van he has fitted this fixed internal reel upgrade to. The first was a Berlingo which he sold to someone in the North East. He also frequents this forum from time to time.

If the first upgrade hadn’t been a success, then I couldn’t see him replicating the upgrade on a new van. The only issue he had with the first upgrade was that he used a standard hose reel like we all mostly use. One day he found that the hose reel was slowly unwinding itself as he drove along. The end result was that he destroyed the female hose fitting. After that, he secured the reel to stop it happening again.

When he fitted this upgrade to his new van, he purchased a better hose reel that has an automatic hose lock, so the hose won’t unreel itself.

This is something I need to do urgently as I can now physically plot the deterioration in my back on a graph.

I have looked at each house I do and asked myself how I would park the van etc to do this job. There are a few that I would have to either discontinue or still carry my hose reel for those odd times. (On a couple of houses that have numerous house walls, objects and gardens, I roll my hose reel out the starting point, tie it off on something, and then walk the hose reel back to the van. I obviously couldn’t do this on those properties if I only had a fixed reel.)

Another issue I have is that of the spare wheel. If the wheel is under the rear of the van, then you will have to remove it. Tim left his behind in favour of a Puncture Repair Canister when he did the Berlingo upgrade. However, these are quite complicated to use and once you use them, the puncture can’t be repaired. The tyre has to be replaced. If you have a bigger van then you can usually find a safe place for the spare in the cargo area which I would recommend.

I also see the female end stop as a potential problem due to it being exposed when driving on dirty roads, but he have never expressed any concerns in this regard.

With the hose reel mounted internally leaky hose connectors will create condensation issues in the rear of your van. I've seen many posts on here from cleaners struggling to overcome this issue.

With regard to the first upgrade, Tim got a lot of ‘stars’ from fellow members on this site including Alex G who said that it was one the best jobs he had ever seen.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

wayne m

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 08:15:19 am »
Thank you for the info spruce appreciate it.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 08:19:37 am »
Hi Wayne

I added another point of internal leaking hose fitting you could also experience after you replied with your acknowledgment.  :-[ I'm getting slow
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:45 am »
I can't believe that more people are not copying Tims idea.
I'm getting  a new Vivaro in a few months and plan on doing it as the first mod on the setup.