Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andrew wakeman

No van
« on: January 25, 2014, 01:59:10 am »
Hi, Im looking to do window cleaning but i have no van or car, I do however have a bicycle, yeah i know lol, I was gonna look at getting a trailer to put on the back and put my stuff in that do you think it would be ok?? Your thoughts.

Ian101

Re: No van
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 02:17:11 am »
2 lads around my way do it like this one from ladders and other with a trolley system

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:20:00 am »
WFP or trad?

If WFP you need to know your Tds.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Simon Mess

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 07:11:12 pm »
There was a guy where i live used a bike for years, have not seen him for a while. He used to be trad only, but latterly he had some kind of rudimentary wfp system coupled with a 25l drum. He had the front of his ladder attached to some kind of bracket at the seatpost  and at the other end there was an axle with a couple of bike wheels which the ladder sat on (and was presumably attached somehow). Not much use to me given how widespread my round is, but i did admire the simplicity of the setup and would love to be in the position of being able to consider this. And while you could certainly do something like he did, i would be more inclined to a different route. You can get various 'cargo' bikes but i would be looking at a yuba mundo which has a 200kg payload, though with weight like that i think electric pedal assist would be essential!. But the point is, a small, say 100l-150l (a couple of custom made tanks of 50l-75l designed to sit on the pannier frames either side of the back wheel) + pump and battery, wfp system would be quite feasable, and with most cargo bikes being a bit longer than a normal bike, you could easily have a pole on some kind of brackets at crossbar height. Think of the money you would say, and how fit you would get :)

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 07:58:48 pm »

I'm sure this was posted on here a while back but I can't find it.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 08:11:20 pm »

The cleverest thing would be to attach a dynamo so that charged the system battery while he pedalled.
Nice kit.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 08:37:50 pm »
And no running costs van wise.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

8weekly

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 08:13:13 am »
And no running costs van wise.
And what there are are peddling.

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 12:58:59 pm »
I wouldn't like to pedal up a hill with that behind me; then get a 'Not today, mate'!!

C o z y

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 01:14:07 pm »
I wouldn't like to pedal up a hill with that behind me; then get a 'Not today, mate'!!
;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

andrew wakeman

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 06:52:10 pm »
That pic is exactly what I mean.

robertphil

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 07:01:46 pm »
 would you smile as you pedalled the first few hard strokes on that machine eh

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:28 pm »

Actually, looking at the pic, it's DI, so as long as a customer has an outside tap - assuming it's not Winter and customer has turned it off from the inside - you could pedal it empty and fill up when you get there.

andrew wakeman

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 09:02:13 pm »
I cycle all the time and in that respect im very fit. I could advertise myself as a green window cleaner lol.

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 08:21:33 am »
I cycle all the time and in that respect im very fit. I could advertise myself as a green window cleaner lol.

The Lycra Window Cleaner?  You ought to go to non-cleaning related area of the forum; there's lots of people who can't run and who ride bikes instead over there. 

The inferior wimps.

Stu is currently whining about his stabilisers slowing him down.

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 08:51:26 am »

This also appeared on another website. It has now been painted blue. This window cleaner lives in Scotland and he fills up his water tank when needed at various customers by using his di vessel. The water in scotland is usually quite soft.

He did have a van setup previously, but he went this route as his van was costing him mega bucks to repair.

If you search "bike trailers" on this site there are a couple of other threads that show pictures.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

pete albion

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 08:18:43 pm »