Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Customers boil me sometimes lol
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:36:53 pm »
Un real just had a complaint from someone from a clean on 20th jan! Only done them 3 times, messer paying, im not fussed about loosing her but what does boil me is first of all she said because we didnt wipe sills down. I know we did as we always do but she then made reference to the amount of time we were there.

I knew she was in but didnt answer and now chooses almost month and half to complain! So basically it all came down to the fact that we apparently earned £10 in 4 mins...lol.

It takes at least 10 mins to do her house 2 of us. Some people are un real. Tried to be nice about it but shes having none of it. Why should time matter anyway! If the clean was ok who cares, mechanic uses a ratchet instead of a spanner to speed things up doesnt he, so what we complain to him to!

Bill.upnw

Re: Customers boil me sometimes lol
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 12:58:04 pm »
Cheapskates

robertphil

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 01:02:18 pm »
some wom complained in writing to me that she was writing out her xmas cards [in january?]
and didnt see me do that window- when i know i did . 

SeanK

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »
Some people love the idea of having a window cleaner but hate the idea of having to
pay for it.
Dump this messer before you end up out of pocket.

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 01:32:35 pm »
The ones that get to me are..
Customer...That water fed thingy does a wonderful job my window have never been as clean
I'm going to tell all my friends and family about this and recommend you to them.
I'm so glad iv found a good window cleaner at last.
By the 3rd clean the novelty has worn off and your chasing after them for payment.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 01:34:57 pm »
Some people love the idea of having a window cleaner but hate the idea of having to
pay for it.
Dump this messer before you end up out of pocket.

We have found that on occassion.

Time for LWC to move on even if he is out of pocket.

These are the type of people who have no idea what is involved in window cleaning.

I bet she hasn't a clue how much it actually costs us to arrive at a job in running expenses.

I bet she has no clue on how long it takes us to prepare our van's for the day's work ahead.

I bet she has no clue how long it takes to regularly maintain our r/o systems or our equipment.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Steven White

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 01:57:08 pm »
When I went over from trad to wfp one of my customers kept complaining (they just don't look as good, but no definite reason why) even though they were definitely better.

Mate I tell ya, customers use all sorts of excuses (why they want rid or unhappy), and sometimes in the end the truth comes out.

.... it didn't look like it was as much hard work.

my partner said she ought to try waving these poles about all day and see if she doesn't think it's hard work.

I told her it doesn't matter how hard you chamois a window it doesn't get better than this. Technique can always beat elbow grease. And talking of elbows ... see ya. I notice no other window cleaner for miles around will touch her house :-)
Steve White (SWS Window Cleaning)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 02:04:47 pm »
Customer accused us of breaking a Spanish tile with our carbon poles.

He said can you leave those top windows, i was even good enough to knock off £2. It was a stretch over an extension, but we never broke the tiles. Impossible!

He then cancelled two months later and i kid you not he said.....

" I want to cancel as you cant reach all the windows"

I just LOL'D and went onto the next house.

Steven White

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 02:06:57 pm »
There's one vital peice of equipment you'll need if your going to go window cleaning....

....a thick skin

I used to get upset if my customers didn't like my work and try my best to better myself. Then one day I woke up and realized there are some really stupid people out there who have some really weir ideas about window cleaning.

You see through the mist and web of excuses and you get to the real reason. It ain't her ledges, it's the amount of time your there. A professional can do a good job quickly. A newbie can spend ages doing one window and it won't look as good.

LWC

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 02:26:12 pm »
Haha i know guys no skin off my nose. Just the nerve of some peeps. One cancelled as we apparently earn more than him and hes a "qualified carpenter"

His house was £9 and it took roughly 10 mins to do.  So he'd worked out what that was an hour and then worked it out a day lol...

He seems to forget as previous posts what else we have to do...also i wasnt quick enough to say 100 of his houses is only £900...try finding 100 monthy REGULAR customers easily. It actually ISNT that easy to make a the massive wage which he claimed we were getting. I wont lie i live pretty comfortably with what i have...but thru hard work and determination. This job aint as easy as they think.

Elfyn

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »
There's one vital peice of equipment you'll need if your going to go window cleaning....

....a thick skin

I used to get upset if my customers didn't like my work and try my best to better myself. Then one day I woke up and realized there are some really stupid people out there who have some really weir ideas about window cleaning.

You see through the mist and web of excuses and you get to the real reason. It ain't her ledges, it's the amount of time your there. A professional can do a good job quickly. A newbie can spend ages doing one window and it won't look as good.
Wise words here

Steven White

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 02:35:07 pm »
Yeah. They forget we only get paid while we are working. Profit ain't income either, it costs a lot in derv to lug all that water around. If you actually time it, you will see that a lot of time is lost travelling to jobs, winding in and unpacking ladders or whatever you use. You ain't getting a full working day. You must explain some of the cost is going out to them, covering them with insurance and so on.

James Bulton

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 03:06:08 pm »
Never get into an argument with a customer,you can not win. Bur also remember they pay for clean windows how you achieve that is up to you its not there business so don`t entertain that discussion.Your time is your`s  to uses as you wish as you re not employed by a customer.I will only discuss result with any customer. In this case all I will ask are the windows clean if " yes" end off discussion.If not, show me and  redo if you feel she is correct. Short and sweet. People will always try to draw you in to a argument so they can feel justified in being difficult.

Simon Mess

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 03:42:27 pm »
I had a customer approach me and asked if i had done her velux's, i said, "yes, of course, i always do them".
Turned out the reason she thought i hadn't was because they were dry. The velux's in question were in the sun, there was a moderate wind blowing that day, and they were the 1st windows on her house i had done an hour previously (when she approached me i had just finished the 3rd of three large house on that street). I dumped her shortly after that!

keyser soze

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 07:32:41 pm »
a lot of peeps tell me I'm on a fortune but i just tell them i my profit is about 50 percent of what i charge. soon gets them thinking they get a reasonable deal

AuRavelling79

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 01:00:20 pm »
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/communication-success/201309/ten-keys-handling-unreasonable-difficult-people

If I spend a lot of time apparently dealing with "difficult people", perhaps that means that I am the difficult person.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 01:12:04 pm »
I once had a nutter get all distressed because her footpaths were getting wet - wanted me to get the ladders out and do it the old way so there wasn't so much water & was insistent that wet footpaths were dangerous (More dangerous than 2 story windows on a ladder??!) and someone might slip over. Needless to say she got dumped on the spot!