Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobplum

my aqua tap review
« on: February 28, 2014, 08:44:49 pm »
Have being using the aqua tap now for 3 days.
When it arrived it was noticeable how light it was, seems well built and not a lot of moving parts, from what i can see.
Connected up to pole, took 5 mins, but did need a threaded pole adapter to slot into the top of the SLX and then screw the Aqua tap on to that.
As with anything new did need a little bit of getting use to it but it didn't take long  and after three days use i think its a good piece of kit.
Easy to use, works well at heights, at least three storeys anyway.

My main reason for buying was two fold
1)  to save water
2)  To stop bending down to either pinch the hose or turn off the inline flow valve.

One thing i have had to adapt is when using the brush to wipe sills, you have to wipe the sill from left to right as this keeps the Aqua tap in the closed position the other direction and pressure and movement switches the tap on, i always clean with no water running

So all in all i like it and for £30 i think its good value

Peter Fogwill

Re: my aqua tap review
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 09:10:45 pm »
Thanks for the review Bob.

Anyone wondering how the AquaTap works, and want to see it used on some windows, have a look at the link below.

BTW this time so that it doesn't end up a post about how to clean a window, I have slowed right down, and went over each pane more than is needed, and also made sure all the frames were cleaned ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k30yJIxyWPU

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:11:32 pm »
FORGOT TO SAY IT WAS DELIVERED NEXT DAY AS PROMISED ;D

dave f

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 01:01:41 pm »
just put my experiance with the aqua tap looks like i may have got a friday night special

tonyoliver

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »
mine broke after a week had to replace black cap and then the spring broke then the control lever broke  the orange hose  split  now I use it without the pull and just turn on off by revolving the on off star wheel great idea mine just dint work for long

Pro-Poler

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 04:48:18 pm »
Who sells these? What switches the water on and off?

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 04:52:28 pm »
mine broke after a week had to replace black cap and then the spring broke then the control lever broke  the orange hose  split  now I use it without the pull and just turn on off by revolving the on off star wheel great idea mine just dint work for long

I think your'e talking about the Aquadapter there matey...
You can't polish a turd

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »
Who sells these? What switches the water on and off?

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&product_id=4208&Itemid=73

Very clever device. Twist the pole and it turns the flow on and off
You can't polish a turd

Pro-Poler

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 06:55:26 pm »
Does this not require pole hose like an aquadapter? I've always used pole taps but thinking of getting aquadapters or aqua taps, not sure what is best?

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 07:00:55 pm »
I use Gardiners pole hose on mine, works fine. I've used both and I prefer the Aquatap due to the lightness of it
You can't polish a turd

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 07:06:03 pm »
With the AquaTap you use your own hose, and you can have the hose internally or externally fed through the pole.  I can't tell you what's best, but willing to answer any questions you have about the AquaTap.

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 07:09:08 pm »
Answer any questions eh?

Can I get a discount on a 2nd one? Lol
You can't polish a turd

steven 1

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 07:21:57 pm »
you should contact me, tony for replacement, what model is it mk2, mk3, mk3xl.
Things have come a long way over the years with only improvements.
We have gone to v-lite version now with all improved parts.
It is a hard  used product, put to test over 4yrs by the public, this is why we put a gaurantee
On it for 12 months so it will evolve over time to a good product.
We thought it would last when we first brought it out, but not the same when used by friends.
Being in the public for testing as brought the faults to light, that is why we now have a good product
Steve.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 08:01:37 pm »
Answer any questions eh?

Can I get a discount on a 2nd one? Lol

Dave WCW are giving a discount for buying 2.