Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Re: anyone still strap their tanks in?
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:39 pm »
I had a brodex e compact in a vauxhall astravan for a number of years, that was installed with the tanksafe brackets and as i had modified the chassis by driling great big holes in it, it was classed as a modified vehicle so it was more to insure.

Now if you strap your tank down using racthet straps and the load posts provided, its not a modification as your transporting stuff as per design. Really you only need to worry if you are over your payload. Also, drive slower ans yoy minimize your risks.

Simon Mess

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2014, 09:20:36 pm »
A few years ago i remember seeing a daihatsu hijet window cleaners van for sale on ebay. It had 2x220l tanks, one strapped to the backrest of each front seat....... :o

Some people obviously have no respect for their own safety ::)roll

Soupy

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2014, 05:36:25 am »
So long as you don't overload your vehicle I would imagine you are safe enough using the anchor points. That is what they are for. Securing your load. You are never going to be 100% safe in any accident, because, well, it's an accident. The forces involved during a collision are indeed huge but the manufacturers were aware of that when they designed the anchor points.

Don't overload them though...
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.