Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: Budget price water saving device .....
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 03:55:06 pm »
does not have a big loop of pole hose at operators end.

How on earth? Lol

Sounds revolutionary. And if it is, I will also test it! Sounds perfect. Just don't see how it can work.  ???
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

wightsurf

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 04:06:06 pm »
You can use  a disclosure form.

billozz

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 04:41:02 pm »
If you paid a minimal price , to save a fair bit of pure per day , what would you want to pay ?

All the bad weather forced me into my man cave to make a little tool up , i found and made what i think to be a great little bit of kit , it is simple in design , as in it cant really go wrong , it has one moving part , fits on the bottom of the pole , is easily moveable whilst working , and does not involve taking your hands off the pole to activate it , it does not have the need to twist the pole for on or off either , and the biggest plus is its coming in at 100g , with still lots of  weight to come off , and it does'nt involve a big loop of pole hose at the operators end .

The only thing it doesnt do at the moment is shut the water off to dead end , it does however dead end the water instantly until you get to the point where reel hose meets pole hose.

By that i mean that the moment you finish your last window you operate the device until you get back to your tap or ez snap , or whatever it is you use , no big hardship as this is what you have always done till now whilst water is still pumping from the brush head.

Do you think my idea has legs or not ?

Cheers for any input recieved

Rich   
not sure what you mean by "get back to your tap or ez snap"our taps and ez snaps are fittedto thepole........arent everybodys??
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49:20 pm »
As already said, sounds like a cloths peg, or sprung loaded clamp you can squeeze, better still pinch with your fingers

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 04:53:21 pm »
Yup.
100g at the base of the pole is worlds away from 100g at the top.
If you're looking for triallers-put me down!

And me. I guarantee I will not pass on any details to anyone else.
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 08:39:33 pm »
the problem with anything at the base of the pole, you will end up with a big loop of pole hose around your ankles.  No thanks!

This happens when you collapse the pole down.

That is probably why the aquadaptor is at the top, not the bottom.

As Pete said , a big loop of hose at the bottom no thanks , this is what i dont like either , the way my thing works is after putting the pole up there is no big loop at the base end , when you lower the pole a loop is formed , but it is then removed in a second , and away you go on the bottoms with no loop , its no different than having a pile of pole hose at your feet after lowering the pole in the normal method .

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 08:47:39 pm »
If you paid a minimal price , to save a fair bit of pure per day , what would you want to pay ?

All the bad weather forced me into my man cave to make a little tool up , i found and made what i think to be a great little bit of kit , it is simple in design , as in it cant really go wrong , it has one moving part , fits on the bottom of the pole , is easily moveable whilst working , and does not involve taking your hands off the pole to activate it , it does not have the need to twist the pole for on or off either , and the biggest plus is its coming in at 100g , with still lots of  weight to come off , and it does'nt involve a big loop of pole hose at the operators end .

The only thing it doesnt do at the moment is shut the water off to dead end , it does however dead end the water instantly until you get to the point where reel hose meets pole hose.

By that i mean that the moment you finish your last window you operate the device until you get back to your tap or ez snap , or whatever it is you use , no big hardship as this is what you have always done till now whilst water is still pumping from the brush head.

Do you think my idea has legs or not ?

Cheers for any input recieved

Rich   
not sure what you mean by "get back to your tap or ez snap"our taps and ez snaps are fittedto thepole........arent everybodys??

If you already have taps or ez snaps as a permanent fixture on your poles , this means you work with the loop of hose at the base scenario , if your happy with this method then my idea is of no use to you unless you fancy a change .

Rich

Don Kee

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 08:50:43 pm »
So it doesnt shut the water off, it just sort of slows it down?
Then you go off and shut your water off however you do that?

Also you say theres no loop, but then say there is then a sort of temporary loop when you shorten pole (i may have misunderstood) so assuming its some sort of pinching or removable device...?(dont need to give specifics, dont want your idea being pinched)

Sounds good mate, if it is that sort of thing could you possibly make it stronger so it does dead end the pump, so it does away with the need for taps?
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

P @ F

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 11:11:05 pm »
So it doesnt shut the water off, it just sort of slows it down?
Then you go off and shut your water off however you do that?

Also you say theres no loop, but then say there is then a sort of temporary loop when you shorten pole (i may have misunderstood) so assuming its some sort of pinching or removable device...?(dont need to give specifics, dont want your idea being pinched)

Sounds good mate, if it is that sort of thing could you possibly make it stronger so it does dead end the pump, so it does away with the need for taps?

Yes , it does dead end the pump , complete shut down can be achieved with your little finger , the only problem is that it can only be achieved at the moment by continuing to use your little finger , thus rendering that hand unusable for anything else , there is massive scope for a tweek or two involving the other fingers of the same hand , but i have only had it on the glass for 2 days so far , dont get me wrong , i can see that it has the legs to run , but without sharing the design , its down to me only .

Rich

wightsurf

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 07:53:27 pm »
Four options.

One , make and sale your self, with out patent_ dodgy as others could copy.

Two, patent, then make and sale yourself.

Three,disclosure form and send to any one who you think might be interested.

Four, try and get a partner (backing )  use a disclosure form.