Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay foden

car valeting equipment needed to start?
« on: March 15, 2006, 11:31:23 am »
hi i clean drives and patios and need winter work so am considering cleaning cars too. i have a honda hd 830bs machine with karcher lance and pump and have a dirt blaster head. do you need to mix the tfr with the water or what?  as many tips on the stuff i need will be very gratefull? iconly have a renault kangoo van so can i fit a water tank in there ir what? please help. very gratefull of any advice.  jay. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
jay foden

DASERVICES

Re: car valeting equipment needed to start?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 09:43:51 am »

Hi Jay,

I used to do car valeting, yes you do need to mix the TFR with water. It needs
  to be diluted 3:1 ( Water/ TFR).  I had my pump slightly modified in that when
  I turned my nozle head to low pressure it would suck up the TFR from the barrel
  and then come out of the nozzel head. When I turned the nozzle to high
  pressure only the water would come through.

Hope this helps.

Doug

preston powerblast

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 11:24:14 am »
I have a 40 psi shurflo pump which has a pipe going into a 25 litre barrel connected to this I have an old wfp brush on an alli tube.
I just turn on the pump and brush tfr all over the vehicle, I do all the scrubbing at this stage, then its just a hot wash down with a fan jet, followed by a cold rinse.
Its great.

PHILC

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 07:12:31 pm »
wouldnt really worry about a water tank as most people will let you use theirs as to tfr my pressure washer has a chemical pick up so i dont need to mix

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 03:29:29 pm »
Hi Jay. There's loads of room in a Kangoo for a water tank..... the cheapest way that I've found is to buy a 200 litre water butt from B&Q and attach a hose to the outlet tap. A Kangoo will take 2, side by side, directly behind the seats. Make sure you strap them down tight..... full they each weigh as much as a passenger!

Mix tfr with water and put it in a weedkiller sprayer.

Not that there's much winter work cleaning cars.............