Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Training under BICS’s umbrella
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:22:24 pm »
I am thinking of setting up an in house training under BICS’s umbrella.  I know who to contact and how to apply, but would like to ask if any body here has done it.
How did it go, how much did it cost?
Regards,
Arthur

Tim Downer

Re: Training under BICS’s umbrella
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 06:19:01 pm »
Hi Arthur

Have you the latest copy of the cleaning and hygiene magazine?? My copy is at home, and there was an article from a cleaning contractor who started off with a co-op store to clean......now does around 22 of them or so. He has taken over a large spare office in one of these stores, and has made it into an in-house training room.

He went to all the contractors who supply fittings for the co-op.....carpet fitters, lift engineers, plummers - the lot, and asked if they had spares, samples of all their gear. The room is now kitted out with lift doors, carpets, flooring, a toilet area etc etc all these are used on the properties.....and uses this to do all his in house training with his staff.

I thought it was a very good article. When i get back in to the office tomorrow (computer broke at home!!) i will bring in the article and write down who the contractor was and see if they had their web address written down.

But thinking on it, i thought that this was a very good idea and something to think about, having a real training room dedicated to training up your cleaning staff.....you could even hire it out to other cleaning contractors??

Catch you later

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

BSF

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 06:33:38 pm »
Yes Tim the company is Trendleway in Manchester,

heres some info for others to see:

http://www.thecleanzine.com/pages2/TrainingCentre.html

;D ;D

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Tim Downer

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 06:38:26 pm »
Thank you for that Paul......I would have probably have left it tomorrow anyway. I have a bad memory at times  :-[

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

BSF

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 06:46:00 pm »
Hi Tim, 4got to include the web site, they are a very very very good cleaning company ;D ;D, part of the fahey group, here they are...

http://www.faheygroup.co.uk/trendleway/main.htm

regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 07:09:26 pm »
Hi Tim and Paul,

Thank you for the info, interesting…

I contacted today BICS, regarding costs of setting up in-house training centre.  It would probably cost me no more than £400-00.  I think having been accessed as a trainer I or my partner would be able to say to our current and potential customers that it is not only we who think that we can train our people, but we have been trained and qualified to do that by the BICS.  Two cherries at one bite PR/marketing exercise and real knowledge of how to train people.

Regards,

Arthur