Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brad t

Re: Input please good or bad
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 10:41:42 pm »
So you can not clean fascia boards to a very high standad with wfp?

I do not dis anyone David, I have put a post on MY Facebook page called, The reasons people don't like window cleaners.

PoleKing

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 11:09:08 pm »
So you can not clean fascia boards to a very high standad with wfp?

I do not dis anyone David, I have put a post on MY Facebook page called, The reasons people don't like window cleaners.

You can. But not 'like new' each & every time.
Personally-I make a point of saying they won't look new. Cause they aren't.
I find it better to under promise & over achieve than the other way round.
Whatever works for you though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 07:22:40 am »
customers will tell you many reasons why they don't have the previous window cleaner anymore, i would say around half of them don't have the previous window cleaner because they are a bad customer, your know the type that has to be contacted the night before and stuff lol

Many customers tell the next window cleaner why they stopped the previous one.  Surely it would be bertter if they told the previous one so that he could either correct i or inform them that he doesn't work that way and they both move on.

davids3511

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 08:07:24 am »
So you can notsome will just look grayan fascia boards to a very high standad with wfp?

You don't say to a ' very high standard' you say 'back to like new'. You cannot promise that with Wfp, some will look gray even if you scrub all day. You did ask for opinions so dont be getting arsey. I personally think it looks desperate. But if it works it works. I don't have much to do with most of my local windies but I wouldn't want to be known as the numpty with the Facebook page by them all.

Scrimble

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 09:07:56 am »
agree with david your facebook page makes you look desperate for work, im glad you live no where near me, all your advertising is doing is harm to yourself and the local window cleaners in your area

you should lay off the computer and get yourself out there leafleting or canvassing if you want to build up your business,

i don't waste my time with social media and i can guarantee i have more customers than you bradley

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 09:51:30 am »
dont slag off other window cleaners!leave that to your customers.

i agree with darren lane.when quoting add on jobs i say "ill do my best" not "they ll be like new when ive finished"and 9 times out of 10 they DO LOOK LIKE NEW again and the customer is very pleased and often text or phone me to say so.

re think.......if you do want to slag off other window cleaners DO IT ON HERE!! :D :D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 10:09:44 am »
Can I ask WHY he should NOT point out other window cleaners lack of care?
This is a genuine question and not a 'go' at any one.

brad t

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 10:28:02 am »
Daz I get your point but it will not look very good on the website saying, we will clean them best we can but they could still be dirty when we finish ;D  and as you said they do come up Like new, a lot more like new than before we cleaned them, never had a problem or a call back after a fascia clean.

brad t

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 10:47:26 am »
So when you go out canvassing Daz and find a new area with cleaners that don't clean the frames do you not say to people that you will clean the frames? Is that not the same as what i have done? only I have done it openly and not at the door not behind other cleaners backs ???

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 10:54:37 am »
bradley i always say to potential customers i will clean their frames,sills and doors every time as well as glass and clean their conny roof,solar panels and all UPVC as and when required if they want me to.

that is not slagging other window cleaners off.thats just stating the service i offer. :)
price higher/work harder!

brad t

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 11:14:28 am »
Daz did you not do a post about things like this last week? Saying you had been to a area and the cleaners were not very good and you are going back to knock and tell people that you clean the frames, sills and doors? You are targeting other wc work and then saying am slagging others off by putting 1 post on Facebook called the reasons people don like window cleaners,

The way I see window cleaning is you will never keep everyone happy most people will not use my service simply because of price, but the ones that do would never drop you because of a cheaper quote. ;)

gary999

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 11:32:26 am »
ive no problem with your facebook page as such,i would trim
down your list of dislikes of window cleaners its a bit ridiculas

ive only ever personally heard on a regular basis two main reasons
for dislike of former window cleaner and thats frames and sills and
unreliability when it comes to turning up...all rest are irrelevant really.

Personally other windies going on your facebook page and having
a go is only serving to make you look better in the eyes of the public
so let them rant

But tone it down,just a little :)

brad t

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 11:52:19 am »
Thanks for the feedback Gary yes I can see what you mean by tone it down abit but I don't think it's bad to all window cleaners only the ones that do a bad job, and a bad service and i have no problem with work coming off this type of person. Now if I was saying we will be cheaper than your paying now this would be wrong as no one wins,the area prices drop for all cleaners and then standards drop for customers as people need to clean more to earn the same.