Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

back flushing help req
« on: January 28, 2014, 11:27:46 am »
Hi guys I was wondering if you could talk me through backflushing my quatro system is it dishwasher salt, I use our dishwasher powder plz excuse my dumbness but really need a help on this if you would be so kind do u just put the water through the system in reverse and for how long and how much salt/ powder do I use I'm getting a reading off 11 but can't get it down much more after putting on a new filter so think it could be the ro and will backflushing help this plz help guys

Jonny 87

Re: back flushing help req
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »
Hi guys I was wondering if you could talk me through backflushing my quatro system is it dishwasher salt, I use our dishwasher powder plz excuse my dumbness but really need a help on this if you would be so kind do u just put the water through the system in reverse and for how long and how much salt/ powder do I use I'm getting a reading off 11 but can't get it down much more after putting on a new filter so think it could be the ro and will backflushing help this plz help guys

You should definitely be getting a reading less than 11. I think You live fairly close to me and water quality is pretty good, input Tds less than 080?

Is a salt wash not just for very hard water? We have soft so it's not going to be too beneficial for lowering Tds.

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick??

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:10:23 pm »
I don't know mate worth a try rather than a new ro plus my pressure from tap good here and struggling to get water over 12 ft ????? My thinking that it's needing a good back flush but anyone had same problem our can advise I will try anything and Johnny I'm in Lanark where water should me mega soft to start with

lukeg

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:38:27 pm »
Don't put salt tthrough the ro it will definitely kill it! Salt is used to back flush softening resin. I heard that some people flush pure water through their ro which has helped them. Might be worth a try

Jonny 87

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 09:24:20 pm »
I don't know mate worth a try rather than a new ro plus my pressure from tap good here and struggling to get water over 12 ft ????? My thinking that it's needing a good back flush but anyone had same problem our can advise I will try anything and Johnny I'm in Lanark where water should me mega soft to start with

I'm just a stones throw from you mate. Used to have a white caddy now got a silver hiace.

What kind if ro system do you have? I'm not clued up on what you've got. Is it an on demand system that you plug it into customers taps or is it something you've got in the back of a van?

If it's pressure your struggling with could be your pump?

I'm getting the bits together to switch over to a static system in the next few weeks so if you need any pure to tide you over just let me know. Ill have 1000 litres of the stuff in my garage.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 11:00:44 pm »
Johnny it's a portable four stage system ionics  quatro it's called but was just going to use it to manufacture water  into a tank in garage ,

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 11:38:52 pm »
That's the best way, I'm doing that now aswell. Just picked up my 1000 litre ibc to keep in the garage.

You should get your TDS down to 000 if it goes through DI resin aswell?

I'm going to need to look up that quatro. Not heard much about them.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:45:02 pm »
Just had a gander at them and see what they are now.

Daft question but have you changed the resin lately? The last and final tube out of the 4 is the DI vessel and the resin will need changed probably once every 6/12 months depending on how much you use.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 06:05:03 pm »
Johnny just changed resin canisters. But not sure which order to mount them in garage will it be carbon filter first,,, then ro,,then the two bead filters our do u think different mate lol our any one else reading this,,

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 06:06:11 pm »
Also would u have cylinders horizontal. Our vertical

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:26:20 pm »
It should be your pre filters first,

So sediment and carbon,

Then the membrane,

Then lastly the DI.

I would say horizontal is usually the way they should be used.

How much pure do you go through mate? It might be a worthwhile change if you use less than 500 litres a day just sell your quatro and get a compact 450gpd ro.

A few hundred quid to start with, but cheap as chips to run after the initial cost.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 06:42:20 pm »
Johnny when I get my stuff ready to go can you give me some fitting advice mate,, I'm just going into wfp finally and to think I had a 1000ltr thermo pro 12 years ago and never got into it lol just the way things happened but ready to turn my full run around gradually now so if we could tie in some time mate would really appreciate it also once up and running if you ever need any water should anything happen to yours you can fill your boots lol tank from mine appreciate the advice so far mate cheers

Jonny 87

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 07:50:31 pm »
Johnny when I get my stuff ready to go can you give me some fitting advice mate,, I'm just going into wfp finally and to think I had a 1000ltr thermo pro 12 years ago and never got into it lol just the way things happened but ready to turn my full run around gradually now so if we could tie in some time mate would really appreciate it also once up and running if you ever need any water should anything happen to yours you can fill your boots lol tank from mine appreciate the advice so far mate cheers

Definitely mate. I'm just getting into the RO side of things myself and I've been researching like mad. Lol. I've been WFP for my domestics for three years now but just used DI vessels. RO is super cheap to run which is great.

Would you switch your domestics to WFP?

I wouldn't go back to ladders now I've switched. It's a bit daunting at first but well worth it.

I've got my 1000 litre ibc, and I'm ordering this RO ;

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/450-gpd-compact-reverse-osmosis-system-p-609.html

With the water pressure we get up our neck of the woods it should produce 600 litres a day easy, then you can add a booster pump to it and it will do about 1000litres a day.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 08:30:48 pm »
Cool nice one bud,, I will do my domestic with it and make the change to all my runs in about a year. All going to plan