Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Gutter Vac insurance?
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:23:35 pm »
My pl insurance is due and what's on offer is pretty poor to be honest. I have 2000,000 third party liability plus glass being worked on plus guttering and fascia board installation cover.

Now for the bad bits ............ £500 excess for damage to glass - so no point in having it for domestic work!

Endorsement for height work in excess of 10 metres - so I guess I have no cover if the guttering comes off on the end of my 50' gutter pole!

No tool cover either.

So, basically I have pretty useless insurance for my £100 apart from third party PL.

Recommend me something better if you can.

Smudger

Re: Gutter Vac insurance?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 04:30:42 pm »
We have recetnly used Gleaming INsurance, I haven't got the docs to hand, BUT it was a very strong policy - basically we are covered gutter, pressure washing, window cleaning etc etc http://www.gleaminginsurance.co.uk/ can't recommend as we haven't had to make a claim yet... but we did get a comparable quote from stephen eyre at gt insurance, but this was a bit cheaper and no extra charge for paying via direct debit... HTH

mrs smudger
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

rah

Re: Gutter Vac insurance?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:25:04 pm »
I'm with Allied Insurance, Wigan based, discount if fed member.

I'm restricted to 15 Meters due to employment, but gutter cover etc, £150! glass worked on, excess is £250.
Hope that helps.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .