Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Re: Coastal window cleaning
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 06:57:19 pm »
carl seriously i would have dumped them if they didnt want them cleaning.

your still removing a months dirt off their windows.if it wasnt blowing a gale on the day your cleaning them then id insist on cracking on whether theres a storm brewing the day after.

to me you simply cant sustain your business with customers like that.

i even clean in storms half the time! ;D ;D

in the past ive had customers say "i dont want them cleaning as its forecast heavy rain later".they get dumped straight away.i never go back.
Dazmond, do you clean any seafront properties ?
Say you lived in one, would you be happy to pay £20 - £30 per month to a window cleaner who turned up regardless of weather conditions or an approaching storm ?

surely it would make sense to remove em from regular work list and charge higher for as and when service and find some more regular non salty seafront customers ?
Yes Ian agree and I do just that for several customers who now call me but at a higher rate ( my previous post , up the page )

hmmmmm thats what I get for skipping posts  ;D

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 07:13:42 pm »
carl seriously i would have dumped them if they didnt want them cleaning.

your still removing a months dirt off their windows.if it wasnt blowing a gale on the day your cleaning them then id insist on cracking on whether theres a storm brewing the day after.

to me you simply cant sustain your business with customers like that.

i even clean in storms half the time! ;D ;D

in the past ive had customers say "i dont want them cleaning as its forecast heavy rain later".they get dumped straight away.i never go back.
Dazmond, do you clean any seafront properties ?
Say you lived in one, would you be happy to pay £20 - £30 per month to a window cleaner who turned up regardless of weather conditions or an approaching storm ?

surely it would make sense to remove em from regular work list and charge higher for as and when service and find some more regular non salty seafront customers ?
Yes Ian agree and I do just that for several customers who now call me but at a higher rate ( my previous post , up the page )

hmmmmm thats what I get for skipping posts  ;D
Thats ok, it does get boring  :D

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 08:17:27 pm »
no i dont work near water unless you call the manchester ship canal "along the seafront"!! ;D ;D ;D

i wouldnt have a window cleaner as i do them myself.money for old rope!! ;D ;D ;D

so what do you suggest?have a few days off every time theres a storm forecast?your business will soon start going down the drain going off some of the awful weather we ve had at times.

ive known it to rain nearly every day for weeks on end in summer too.what do you suggest?have 3 weeks off? ::)roll ;D
no u just work away from the coast problem solved