Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david mark

Gardiners Q.R or Hozelock 3020 shut off coulpling
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:39:11 am »
Fed up with rectus fittings 26 and 21 going to try one of the above using a kong dog ball to protect the new fitting will need to buy 8 sets so any advice on which are the best fittings for the job less leeks and will last longer than rectus 26 thanks

dazmond

Re: Gardiners Q.R or Hozelock 3020 shut off coulpling
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:07:46 am »
david what wrong with rectus 26 fittings?i changed all mine to them a few months ago when i switched to hot water and i find they very rarely disconnect in use unlike the 21 versions.ok they are heavier but i can live with that.they never leak and all in all i find them better.

if they jam spray them with WD40.it soons gets them working smoothly again.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

david mark

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:41:05 am »
Ive used the rectus 26 around 2 years and replaced 5 times male and female it is a lot better fitting than the 21 but intrested to find out if Q.R or Hozelock maybe better I have 4 vans running 8 hose reels Some times the guy's can,t disconect them you will find that the male side will ware quicker than the end stop but you still need to buy the pair so as not to ruin the new fitting.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:43:37 am »
try a bit of WD40 mate.i find it works a treat if you cant disconnect them.then theyll work fine.
price higher/work harder!