Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanClear

Using magnets
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:08:42 pm »
I've some high sash windows to clean. 65 foot (roughly). Can't be done with WFP as there is a recess. I'm going to look at the job from the insides, i'm considering seeing if its safe to lean out with either trad pole or wfp, see if it has eye bolts for harness etc. There is no ledge to step put onto, even if harnessed. If it can't be done in either of these ways, are them magnets any good, anyone ever used them?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

darragh windows

Re: Using magnets
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:12:44 pm »
I binned a set of magnets a while back I picked them up in a boot sale the magnets were very strong but only worked on single glazing
jamie

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:17:13 pm »
Alex could make you a custom length gooseneck if the recess is more than 2 feet deep.
If you had someone on the inside, and both of you on the phone(hands free)you could do it.
Seems a bit faffy but it'd get the job done...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:29:33 pm »
I have some
I only use them for one job every 6 weeks, 3 top floor sash windows, set too far back and with window boxes so cannot get wfp to them, unfortunately the top sashes do not open/slide down so there is no way to clean the bottom panes other than magnetic squeegee.
I have this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Magnetic-Window-Double-Side-Glass-Wiper-Useful-Cleaner-Cleaning-Brush-Pad-/310647374353?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item485406c211

There are more expensive ones like window wizard, whether they are better quality I do not know. ( I did not want to pay more than I needed to for the odd job)
You can also buy some with stronger magnets for double glazing.
These are aimed at the domestic market for use on own windows imo,
cheap and acceptable for the odd job I intended them for, but only that.
What lets them down, isn't so much the concept, more the quality of the rubber.
I tried changing it but its not a standard size like would fit a normal channel, takes some cutting and modifying.
You can get a pretty good result but it takes some "knack" and patience. ;)