Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Eddie_Rhone

Taxwatchdog
« on: March 20, 2006, 07:51:32 pm »
Recd some info about the above company with NCCA Newslink. Self Employed Fixed Fee Tax and accountancy service for £159. Current Accountant is not providing me with the service he should and charging much more and so am thinking of changing, any one use this co or heard anything about them.

All comments welcome.

Chris_Thomas

Re: Taxwatchdog
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 08:16:40 pm »
Hi
Sounds really cheap. I pay £400+vat and I'm under the vat threshold.
Trouble is you might not find out if they're any good until you get a tax investigation.
I have insurance to cover that. Costs £100 a year. Might be worth thinking about.
Chris

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:37:38 pm »
...Trouble is you might not find out if they're any good until you get a tax investigation.
I have insurance to cover that. Costs £100 a year...

Chris, could you say what your insurance cover, thank you, Arthur

Chris_Thomas

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:56:03 pm »
Hi Arthur
It covers all the extra accountancy fees etc which you are bound to incur if the Revenue do a random investigation. I'm told you can easily run up a bill of £2K just proving you are honest. If however you are on the fiddle they won't pay!
I it's called Abbey Tax Protection and my accountant arranges it.
Hope this helps
Chris

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 09:07:44 pm »
Thank you Chris,
If you join FSB, they assist you for free.
Regards,
Arthur

Chris_Thomas

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 09:46:52 pm »
Hi Arthur
Yes- I've heard that. This scheme means I use my own accountant rather than someone who doesn't know me.
Just peace of mind really
Chris

gort

Re: Taxwatchdog New
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 10:15:15 pm »
Inland revenue got me in Sept 2004 the investigation has only just ended they wanted to know everything from how much i earn how i live what i eat and my underpants size. It did not cost me a penny from my accountant he does not charge for investigations I pay about £350.00 per year as he is good. If i were you i would check with your accountant and ask if they charge for investigations.

Rob

Karl Wildey

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 10:15:38 pm »
I also pay 400 plus the vat a year and I am under the threshold for vat, I am with Eddie on this, its sounds like a good deal, but no comments, is no one using them?

carpetclean

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 10:24:14 pm »
i also pat around the 400 mark but it is worth every penny as he saves me thousands a year. on the firsat year i took him on he saved me around 5k that i would have missed be wary of cheap
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed