Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: arghhhhh
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 06:38:25 pm »
What about furniture moving? Sometimes that can be half of the job (well not quite) I went to clean for an old person on moving the bed I think 'the borrowers' had placed all of their finds underneath.

To make good profit you have to have a good pace about you but not appear to be rushed efficiency with knowledge and good machinery can be achieved everyone needs to have order in the galaxy.

What a good a question is? How long would it normally take to clean a 2 bed bungalow from start to finish for everyone furnished? Or how long would you allow in your diary?
From pulling up to pulling away.

Shaun

neil 47

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 07:38:09 pm »
Hi Guys

The way I look at this is that the £17.50 person was never going to be one of my customers so there is no loss.

What amuses me is that someone gets a ridiculously cheap quote and then rings around for something even cheaper.

Cheers

Doug

Doug you make a excellent point , The reason I think they phone for another quote is to reassure themselfes that the price is genuine as they cant belive that omeone can do it that cheap and they are questioning the price themselves ,
They want you to explain why they should pay more and the reasons why , but a lot of cc just say I cant beat that instead of selling themselves .

I know this company and at first glance it seems crazy , but I think they have a good short term business model , they do set areas each week , they charge low prices that are affordable to a group of people that don,t care how you clean their carpets. they have a £20 budget so that,s what they supply , they will do a 2 bed flat in forty mins for £45. 4 jobs x £45= £180 x 5 = £900 .

over a 1000 likes and excellent comments seems to be working for them .

seems a lot of work to me , but good luck to them they are obviously supplying a service to a group that want it Niche at it best or worst , who are we to judge the carpet cleaning police

IICRC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 08:14:23 pm »
If you service your niche well then you can profit but the service they do (not that I have seen it) can mean that they are selling on price which I find means dirtier carpets (not a problem) but also plenty of no shows or cancellations, I started out in that market it wasn't a long term business plan I could depend on so I moved in a different direction, one thing it does do is give you plenty of recs as people get hooked on price.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 08:37:03 pm »
Hi Guys

The way I look at this is that the £17.50 person was never going to be one of my customers so there is no loss.

What amuses me is that someone gets a ridiculously cheap quote and then rings around for something even cheaper.

Cheers

Doug

Doug you make a excellent point , The reason I think they phone for another quote is to reassure themselfes that the price is genuine as they cant belive that omeone can do it that cheap and they are questioning the price themselves ,
They want you to explain why they should pay more and the reasons why , but a lot of cc just say I cant beat that instead of selling themselves .

I know this company and at first glance it seems crazy , but I think they have a good short term business model , they do set areas each week , they charge low prices that are affordable to a group of people that don,t care how you clean their carpets. they have a £20 budget so that,s what they supply , they will do a 2 bed flat in forty mins for £45. 4 jobs x £45= £180 x 5 = £900 .

seems a lot of work to me , but good luck to them they are obviously supplying a service to a group that want it Niche at it best or worst , who are we to judge the carpet cleaning police

Quick comment on the section I've put in bold..........

So every job is a ,2 bed flat to earn £45, what about the single living rooms  if the do 4-5 of them a week and that £900 drops dramatically, plus what marketing to they use to get those 4 jobs every day plus they a working their bums off for less £450 gross a week
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

neil 47

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 01:30:48 am »
Mike and shaun , in bold

Hi Guys

Cheers

Doug

Doug you make a excellent point , The reason I think they phone for another quote is to reassure themselves that the price is genuine as they cant belive that omeone can do it that cheap and they are questioning the price themselves ,

ps Mike . i once told you i lived in cornwall so my catchment area was upto 50 miles to make a profit , you told me to move .

I did and you were right I dont go futher than 5 miles usually.
 a population of over a million in a 20 mile radius 4 jobs a day should be easy  
IICRC