Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lewis Newby

pfx1350 help wanted
« on: January 09, 2014, 10:46:29 pm »
Hi guys its a very long and stressfull story but the short of it is that I have wasted a load of cash on a pfx1350 which arrived in non existant packaging with no suction from the vacuums.

Upon inspection one of the vacs has come loose and the mounts have come away from the inside of the machine. I have no idea how or if these can be re attached of if this machine is now useless?

Really appreciate any help possible, ive had to take 5 weeks off due to a new baby/illness, went back to work last week to a £1000 repair on the van (3yr old vivaro :(   ) and now this with the machine !

Lewis

john martin

Re: pfx1350 help wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:50:47 pm »

Pictures would be great  ...

but i cant see the problem being anything more than a loose vac manifold  or something minor like that .

Lewis Newby

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 11:05:13 pm »
Thanks john, that sort of reasurance will help me sleep tonight for sure. ive re assembled it for the night as my headlight battery went dead, and it was doing my head in! its alot more compex inside then my steempro.

I will take some pictures tomorrow and get them up for you to look at, the vac was only held in with 2 mounts and both have come away.

Lewis

jim mca

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:20:43 pm »
Where did you get the machine from

Lewis Newby

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 11:50:24 am »
hi Jim, im afraid it was a spur of the moment evilbay purchase, ive been looking out for a bigger 2nd hand machine for a while and wanted to try something like this. unfortunately ive been waiting for it for over a month and it finally arrived yesterday. the seller assures me it was working and has been well maintained by our very own CSUK(it does have thier stamp on it). the pump and heater work a treat but there was no suction at all. i payed £740 and forked out for a courier also. at the price i expected it would need a little work its just a PITA.

i have taken a couple of pics, the vac mounts were in the holes at 11 and 5 o clock, they both appeared to have sheared off however in fiddling with it the piece that was in the hole at 11 o clock position came out.

from what i can imagine i need to remove the pump to get to it from the otherside, but to get the pump out it looks like i need to remove the heater unit first also

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/premiervaletingsw/embed/slideshow/pfx1350"></iframe>

hopefully the link is working, i really appreciate any help suggestions

regards
lewis

john martin

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 12:45:19 pm »
so the vacs are in the bottom  ...
http://www.hammonssupply.com/sitebuilder/images/PFX1350-100H_bottom-444x600.jpg

Looks like u will have to strip it out to access the top like you say and re drill new mount if u have to ...  perhaps someone has another idea of how they could be secured but dont think theres much else u can do .

jmj

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 01:53:31 pm »
Can be sorted easily !! You need to contact AmtechUK who supply these machines. Dave who's the chief engineer is always a great Help !!

Purchase 4 T bars ( these slot into the holes from the pump/heater bay) and stick out at the bottom. These are secured with supplied nuts/washers. Tighten from below, you need 2 t bars per vaccum motor. You will notice the holes from above will have a slot going across so you can locate the t bar !! From your picture it looks like the originals have sheered off, mainly down to over tightening the nuts. The vacuum motors don't want to be over tightened, a good tip is  to fit a nut and washer both sides of the motor which will prevent it from moving.

hope that helps

joe

Lewis Newby

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 03:06:29 pm »
Thank you for all the help, as suggested I spoke to Dave at amtech and he was very helpful so the parts are on their way. I will give you an update when I have done the work but it appears to be plain sailing from here.

ATB
Lewis

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:39 pm »
Who did you buy the machine from?

There is a video on You Tube showing how to do the work.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic0FhfVh7Es]

Your machine may have additional brackets for the Lamb motor conversion.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 03:14:07 pm »
Hi Jamie it was a guy called Gary in Paisley, he has been helpful as a seller to be fair it's just one of those things. The pump and heater work a treat and it's nice to finally upgrade to a heated machine and more psi.
Cheers
Lewis