Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: Truckmount Cutting Out
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 01:04:22 pm »
That's not good.
Sounds like you have a blockage in the vacuum system or the micro filter in the tank is bunged up with rubbish. Try revving it up and put a cloth into the vac inlet and see if it arrives in the tank or gets stuck, probably where the suction line joins the tank. Failing that you've got a faulty vac gauge.
A blockage would certainly explain the overheating issue but with it you would have higher than normal fuel consumption as the engine is working harder than normal to fight the restriction in the suction system and hence overheating which really isn't good.

Simon

Paul Moss

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2013, 01:41:13 pm »
Gareth I will call and explain how to solve your problem.

Gareth H Davies

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2014, 06:20:37 pm »
Thanks for the call Paul. I got new filter as old one was nakerd from previous owner not maintaining it! and also got some wd on the valve you mentioned. It has made a big difference however after using it on a job when I switch engine off the HG gauge is still reading around -4 and takes a few hours to return to zero :-(

Gareth H Davies

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2014, 06:21:48 pm »
I removed gauge and still stayed at -4

clive ware

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »
Gareth - why dont you just take it to either Woodbridge or gp cleaners in Cheltenham which would be nearer to you. I`m sure they`d be able to sort out any probs pretty quickly.

Gareth H Davies

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2014, 06:55:41 pm »
already booked in for service etc at GP Cleaners for end of next week but was a long wait with xmas etc as i contacted them in December to book it in.