Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Boosting LM cleaning with bleaching agents
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:01:33 pm »
While its quite I'm going to look into using hydrogen peroxide  as an additive to LM cleaning as a oxidising booster also using sodium meta- bisulphate as a reducing booster.

From my research so far both of these are already used in the newer Encap products and we all use them safely in stain removal  H-P is in the family of the powdered oxygen booster we use but with the added benefit that it  doesn't raise the ph level of the solution which probably us why some Encap products can contain bleach but still remain in the ph range required to be woolsafe approved.

I'm going to use  Prochem neutral  fibre shampoo as a base and mix in H-P [ 35%] or  use sod-met powder.

I've been reading on the American forum about using H/P as a booster with great results, and it's not as dangerous/reckless  as it seems, it's all about dilution (it can even be used as a mouthwash)

I'm doing a social club tomorrow so I'm going to try the fibre shampoo and sod-met tomorrow, going to order some hp of ebay on Monday

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John Kelly

Re: Boosting LM cleaning with bleaching agents
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 12:25:48 pm »
Liquid HP goes off quite quickly unless it is stabilised in some way as it is when added to encap products. Why not just use powdered then you can mix it as and when. Chemspecs Energiser is designed for this and economical.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:06:44 pm »
Hi Mike

Nothing to fear if you don't go too concentrated.

Hydrogen peroxide is H2O2 which degrades to water and oxygen but as John says it is not very stable which is why I prefer the powders.

Cheers

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:20:42 pm »
I can buy it in sealed 24 x 500ml bottles and open a bottle then throw away what's left.

Sat here in the coffee shop searching info and hp is massively used in LM cleaning, why are they using hp? It is not the same as powders and I believe more active.

Using dyegone as an example, it works amazingly, I tried using the powder boosted with ammonia and there was no comparison.

I don't yet know what the difference is between liquid & powder but they are not the same, I think the liquid is not heavily sold because of the rate of decline in its performance.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 02:54:15 pm »
Mike you should do your training course again while it's quieter.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »
I can buy it in sealed 24 x 500ml bottles and open a bottle then throw away what's left.

Sat here in the coffee shop searching info and hp is massively used in LM cleaning, why are they using hp? It is not the same as powders and I believe more active.

Using dyegone as an example, it works amazingly, I tried using the powder boosted with ammonia and there was no comparison.

I don't yet know what the difference is between liquid & powder but they are not the same, I think the liquid is not heavily sold because of the rate of decline in its performance.

Could any performance difference be just down to concentration  ...
The oxypowders ( SPM  / Energizer  etc ) should yeild HP when dissolved however
they could contain a hugh percentage bulking agent to percarbonate .
Chances are you adding 10% of 35%  liquid HP for eg will be of a higher overall concentration than the powders .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 04:13:08 pm »
John that might be the reason, but that's why it's interesting to use hp, at least you can buy pure, laboratory grade 35%.  so you know exactly what you are working with

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:28:10 am »
There aren't any Woolsafe approved "boosted" encap products.

Sod Met boosted product might not smell the best.

As John K mentioned previously Energizer is one of the best out there.

I used to use loads of it with Chemspec Formula 161 in our Cimex machines on office and hotel carpets.

The preference these days being to use Encap products now unless they are contracts we have secured using our Woolsafe status.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 04:28:31 pm »
Jamie,
when are you back at work, I want a Cimex from you, pronto?

Simon

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 08:05:11 am »
Craig is in today and I am back on Monday.

peter maybury

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 05:37:59 pm »
Mike,
liquid h p varies in strength and volume. Percabonate is hp when mixed and is just a far more convenient way of using it as a booster. The liquid performance is variable with age etc and less consistant.
You will also find that the dry foam crystals (granules) are a far more economical way of producing a shampoo compared to fibre shampoo. I have compared the 2 together over a long period of time and have not found any difference in performance. A couple of kilos of the crystals goes a hell of a long way.
 I have been experimenting for some time on different mixtures, and now stick with percarbonate.
Give me a bell if you want to discuss it further 07788621555.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com