Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

biggest tank in astra van?
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:59:39 am »
hi guys im just wondering whats the biggest tank able to safely fit in an astra van for wfp?

jonboywalton75

Re: biggest tank in astra van?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 12:12:04 pm »
We've got two astra vans
350LTR is sensible max.

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 02:20:59 pm »
cool does that last you the day pal and how many houses does that get you roughly?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 10:48:00 pm »
I use a 5ltr per minute pump on full whack with no controller.
Clean approx 22 4bed detached  houses, half with Connies
Usually lasts all day,  sometimes I need an extra few Ltr.
I top up at custies,  Di only.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 10:53:22 pm »
cool does that last you the day pal and how many houses does that get you roughly?

I would have thought that this would be a very difficult question to answer and his answer may not apply to you.

We live on the North Sea East coast and the majority of our windows that we clean are affected by salt sea air. We need to use more water washing and rinsing that we need to do when working a little inland. So we use around 450 to 500 litres a day each when working these coastal areas. When working inland we will use about 300 to 350 litres.

If you are new to wfp then you will use more, especially when doing first cleans. The suggestion is to process water into a 1000 litre IBC tank so you can pop back and top up if necessary. The trick is to start at the furthest place first and work back home. If you run out of water in the mid afternoon you shouldn't be to far away to slip home/back to base and top up.

I would then have a couple close to home to do that will take me the rest of the day to do.

You could also carry a few 25 litre plastic containers of water, but be careful of overloading. The Astra van has a payload of 600 kgs including you, fuel, etc. so carrying the bare minimum should keep you within payload limits.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 08:23:04 am »
Our vans are 650 payloads

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 10:05:17 am »
I'm overloaded every morning with a 350 in a kangoo with a 625kg payload I reckon.I do very little mileage though.

My next van has to be bigger and I want to be legal on the road.

A 350 in a astra van will be overloaded when full with all your other gear and you mate but loads of us think we 're not!!!  ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

ben M

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 10:06:49 am »
I'm overloaded every morning with a 350 in a kangoo with a 625kg payload I reckon.I do very little mileage though.

My next van has to be bigger and I want to be legal on the road.

A 350 in a astra van will be overloaded when full with all your other gear and you mate but loads of us think we 're not!!!  ::)roll
Daz, remove your aqua dapter, after that you should be fine  ;D

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 10:35:04 am »
cheers guys, what would be a legal weight sized tank then in an astra van or would i be better looking for a combo, only thing is i do trad at the mo and dont like the height of the combo for getting ladders on and off along with most other vans and astra van seems perfect height for doing this!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 01:51:08 pm »
Astra van has a tail Gate which is a pain with ladders.
I'm sure I am close to payload when full,  but I don't carry ladders, and apart from hose reel batteries and pole, I don't have much else to take it another 300kgs above my payload.
However  am going up to a vivaro when my lease comes to an end in Oct.
My van has been worth it's payload in gold for the last three years.
As a compromise between work and private use,  astra vans are very good,  IMO