Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: EOT Cleaning
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 04:10:25 pm »
Steve...

If you went to the doctor with a bunion and he chopped your leg off would you accept that?

What if you went to the doctor and said I have a bunion I want my leg chopped off, I don't care that you are the professional I want my leg chopped off and you should do what I ask for.

We are the experts we decide what is needed not the customer.

To be honest the real reason you are questioning my post is you think I vacuumed to cut corners not that I did it in the customers interest or because that what was all that was needed ;) ;)

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Chapman

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »
I think it depends on whether they knew that some were just vacuumed and it was reflected in the price !

If i had my van serviced and payed for a full service but they only did some of the items as they thought the rest wasn't needed, I'd be pretty miffed about it !

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 06:44:52 pm »
If I had itemised exactly what I would do then not done it  they could feel short changed but my job was to clean the carpets, when I had finished the carpets were clean ..... exactly what they paid for.

I do see where you are coming from, they could think "I could vac the carpets my selve why pay him to do it"

If I had bonneted all the carpets would you still think I short changed them? ( I guess no) but bonneting is not as deep a clean as HWE so in your way of thinking bonneting as as bad as just vacuuming as it is not giving them a full clean which they have paid for

As for it being reflected in the price..... Did you see I only charged them £380 for a 8 bed house? For that price they were lucky I did more than run around the rooms naked trying to scare the dirt out of the house  ;D

It's strange that you pull me up on this but make no comment on this thread....

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=180452.0

Where someone says they sprayed and scrubbed a carpet then just left it ...NO CLEANING TOOK PLACE AT ALL,!! At least with vacuuming I removed some dirt

Ps; Steve hopefully you see  this discussion as I do a bit of cheery banter, I completely respect your views on this :-* :-*
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Chapman

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014, 06:59:00 pm »
Yeah, I totally understand  :)

Just seemed a little suspect the way you put it.  ;)

To be honest I would be lucky if I had eot that just needed vacuuming, most need a ton of powerburst  :o

As for the doctor, mine probably would chop my leg off if I asked him too, he's not one for messing around !

To be honest I think I would put some shake & vac down first just to feel better about !  :)

M W.

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2014, 08:17:15 pm »
eot pay peanuts due to letting agencies squeezing all the contractors for what they can in this cut throat industry.
a moving out tenant is easier to deal with than an agency. my price is fixed whole day or half . full deep inc top to bottom internal external glass ,interior oven cpts etc. 1/2 day will be 8 - 1pm. full 8 - 6pm filling skips as standered.will also turn more away than bag.

Len Gribble

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014, 08:43:24 pm »
I don’t have any problem with my EOT, but I do quantify :'(
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)