Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Dry cleaning... optimal working pressure ?
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:26:55 pm »
This question goes out mainly to owners of dry solvent cleaning equipment owners,
I have an Ashby's Sensai which has the hot circulating solvent system, nice machine...
Had a new uprated 150 psi solvent ready surflo pump fitted by Ashby's and it works great at that pressure for wet cleaning but for solvent cleaning i find it a little too fierce.
What in your opinions is the best pressure to operate dry solvent cleaning? the tools i use both have 0.5 nozzles fitted.

John Kelly

Re: Dry cleaning... optimal working pressure ?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 09:21:22 pm »
Just set it till it cleans, it will vary depending on material and soiling. You don't want to be forcing the fluid through the fabric as its expensive stuff.

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 05:10:39 pm »
Dri cleaning solvent should go through a fine jet, is there a by pass to reduce the flo?

"So basically its a big vax!"

Russ Chadd

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:42:22 pm »
Cheers guys, there isnt a bypass as such however i can fit a flow valve to the recirculating hose... anyone know where i can get an inline flow valve with the usual 1/4 fittings which will give me quite precise control.?? and doesnt stick out so it doesnt snag on anything!

I guess it would have to be similar to whats on the Sapphire...

Adrian Walton

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:59:32 pm »
Hi Russ is there not a flow control on tre side the same as a Ninja?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:21:41 pm »
No Adrian... that simply re directs the pump to either feed from the main water tank or from a bottle of solvent so there is not flow control for the solvent