Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Simpson

Brushes or motor?
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:06:25 pm »
Extractor tripped out customers fuse box today.
Finished off and tested when I got home and found it to be Vac 2 (of 3) that was causing the problem.
Checked the brushes and they are not looking great, certainly compared to the ones on Vac 1.
Is this likely the cause? Or is it a new motor?

Thanks

petermaybury

Re: Brushes or motor?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 11:01:58 pm »
could be sensitive trip, water vapour through motor, who knows ?
I having a bit of knowledge, I would,run the motors where the com and brushes are visable to see if there is any  arching on the brushes. A decent electrician would be able to test the winding etc.
In most cases it is not productive to repair vac motors, the brushes rarely meet their expected lifespan.

Peter

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 11:05:45 pm »
Could be the brushes and it's the cheapest option, depends on the hours the vac has done. I'd be tempted to put in a new one and keep the other as a back up if the brushes cure it. If you do just change the brushes put it in vac 1 position as vac 3 show's the most wear. Always worth keeping a pump and vac in stock just in case.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 08:35:26 am »
Thanks Peter/Simon.
Like you said Simon probably better off getting a motor, then keeping one as backup if it is the brushes.