Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

HQCS (John Kastrian)

Pumps
« on: March 05, 2006, 09:24:39 pm »
You can purchase a pressure washer with a pretty powerful pump for as little as 30 quid,so why are pumps for cc machines so expensive?

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

Re: Pumps
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 11:55:32 pm »
After going through 3 pumps in just over 18 months that a very good question.
Its a good job for me that Alltec paid for 2 of them otherwise it would have been over £600 Thats crazy, but its only the same as vac motors you have to
shop around as the diference in price can be substantial. Mabie thats something
ells a forum like this can takle, to not put to finer point on it to tell certain
supliers out there that we do not mind paying a fair price for certain things ie
vac motors, pumps ect but at the same time it leaves a nasty tast to think that you have been ripped off. What do you think ?

Take Care John

Karl Wildey

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 09:14:08 am »
Go to woodbridge commercails still the cheapest on pumps

PaulKing

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 09:25:47 am »
Or Dual Pumps for the bigger stuff.

£30 pressure washer tend tohave plastic piston pumps that are fine for 1 hour 5 sundays a year  but not up to the hammer us cleaner  dish out.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 06:23:21 pm »
Most 100-135 psi or 80 psi for that matter are dispsable parts nowadays very inexpensive to replace nowadays, not even worth repairing them.

Some have quick connectors on the so you do not need any tools or mechanical expertise to change

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 07:35:32 pm »
Well Vernon over £200 with vat is not expensive for a 135 psi pump, i personaly
think its extortion. What do the rest out there in cleaning land think ?

Take Care John

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:04:23 pm »
I agree

A lot of these manufacturers of machines, run their businesses knowing full well you will probably buy your replacements from them.

Extracta rip the lables from their vac motors and water pumps so you can't shop around. A guy on here payed £270 + for a vac motor. I paid £170 inc vat and had i known where my cleaning shop got it from, could have paid a lot cheaper.

In short, whether buying hoses,pipes,motors or pumps, we get ripped off. I sent off for a pump catalogue and they are all in there, as is valve assemblies etc. Another thing i find strange is the so called plastic sprayers of the five or more litre capacity. They advertise these with viton seals then sell them for an extortionate price. I use garden sprayers, £15 never a problem.

Dave

craigp

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 09:59:54 pm »
i just bought a vac motor from woodbridge £50!!! 3 stage 145mm

couldnt belive it,  ive paid over £120 last time.

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 10:51:39 pm »
You need to shop a round you can get pumps vacuums cheaper
than those prices
Vernon

therapist

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 07:19:02 am »
Gentlemen !

There you go again................constantly, in the postings, you are saying,   ''  don't  be  cheap  charge  high  prices  for  your  services  "  but,  don't  pay  any  one  else  top  dollar...........hypocracy or what..........I know it's not everyone and I know some will say it's a rip off,  but,  when  I  quote  a  lower  price  for  cleaning a  suite or carpet than the company with the big y/p advert, who did it last time and still guarantee a better result, what do you think the client says about the other guy...........give you a clue....
two little words r..  o..

If you are as successful as you claim to be, don't be so bloody mean............or, reconsider........Value

How would you cope with the overheads of these suppliers and I mean the ones who've put the money into developing products and machinery and carry thousands of pounds of stock, so that you can do your job and earn money.

Have a stress free day

rob m