Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kleanitall ltd

hedgehog gutter guard
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:37:47 pm »
Hi guys
Just been asked to fit 80 meters of this anyone done it? And how much per meter/length is realistic price wise
Thanks
Dave

amayze

Re: hedgehog gutter guard
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:43 pm »
Great product - fitted loads !!
Best bet is to find a local roofing supplier - they sell it in 3m lengths - around £12 to £14
My local B&Q sell it for the same price but you only get 2m

Work out the length you need - add a % for supply and a labour charge accordingly

Tip - use cable ties (right colour to the guttering) to secure in place and not the clips - they're crap !

Tom-01

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:52:39 pm »
Hedgehog gutter guards are useless to be honest.. They actually help to clog up the gutters thus rendering the gutters useless, unable to do their job - leaves and debris just sit on top of it all and the whole gutter becomes clogged. We're actually doing a few jobs now taking it all out, clearing the gutters (debris still gets in there) and fitting down pipe balloons/protectors and then doing a once yearly clean.

G O Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:44 am »
Great product - fitted loads !!
Best bet is to find a local roofing supplier - they sell it in 3m lengths - around £12 to £14
My local B&Q sell it for the same price but you only get 2m

Work out the length you need - add a % for supply and a labour charge accordingly

Tip - use cable ties (right colour to the guttering) to secure in place and not the clips - they're crap !
We are stockists based locally ish , cheapest price around, only problem is transporting it as you know boxes are huge  ;D you should be sold it in 4m lengths.
cheers Mike 

robertphil

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 06:56:19 am »
definitely use cable ties to hold it in or it blows out in the first storm

tench0771

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 06:59:27 am »
Hedgehog gutter guards are useless to be honest.. They actually help to clog up the gutters thus rendering the gutters useless, unable to do their job - leaves and debris just sit on top of it all and the whole gutter becomes clogged. We're actually doing a few jobs now taking it all out, clearing the gutters (debris still gets in there) and fitting down pipe balloons/protectors and then doing a once yearly clean.
   +1 there rubbish ;D

Avo

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 07:19:15 am »
+1
I agree

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 10:07:21 am »
Hi guys
Just been asked to fit 80 meters of this anyone done it? And how much per meter/length is realistic price wise
Thanks
Dave

http://www.guttersupplies.co.uk/

Cheapest place ive found.

I would quote what you would charge to empty/clear gutters and use that as your fitting price

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 10:14:16 am »
http://www.guttersupplies.co.uk/products/gutter-protection-459/floguard-1602.aspx

quoted a new customer last month for a regular window clean and empty of gutters but didnt realise they had them gutter guards fitted  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ... was f@##ing pia job to do plus theyre useless as they trap silt etc making it block much quicker .... next job with these things on I will need to double the cost.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 10:58:14 am »
+1
I've taken loads of that poope out and other so say types of gutter guards too. When I explain & show customers pics of the state of their blocked gutters and downspout/swan necks with plants growing out of them etc none as yet have wanted me to put it back.

So say gutter guards are not maintenance free as customers are  lead to believe that's for sure so I charge more than double to take that crap out.

If you’re serious about running a professional gutter clearing service then I would advise you tell your customers it’s not a good option and will cost them alot more to do future maintenance cleans.

+1
I agree

kleanitall ltd

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 02:28:57 pm »
Cheers guys
Will take all info on board its not something we do normally but its a huge house 100m of gutter so should be quite profitable, if the customers willing to pay and its their choice of product
I did point out that it would take a few years to recoup monies compared to gutter cleaning but they insist its what they want
Thanks again for advice and opinions
Dave

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 02:38:09 pm »
They are raving bonkers if you ask me as the gutters will be blocked and overflowing within a year with that crap put in them ;D

Cheers guys
Will take all info on board its not something we do normally but its a huge house 100m of gutter so should be quite profitable, if the customers willing to pay and its their choice of product
I did point out that it would take a few years to recoup monies compared to gutter cleaning but they insist its what they want
Thanks again for advice and opinions
Dave

Smurf

Re: hedgehog gutter guard New
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »
This is a good example vid - 2.30 mins in to show you what I'm talking about that your customer should see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_UnPTFi6RA

Bearing in mind there is no moss on that roof to fall off either as moss will get caught in the brush aswell and turn into sludge very quickly.

This was a simular size property and the gutter vac had to be emptied twice  ;D