Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrissie

Brass Cleaning & Scuff Marks- Advice Needed
« on: March 12, 2006, 01:45:45 pm »
We have loads of brass plates to polish. They are really marked.  Any ideas on easy ways to do this, are there any machines that can help?

There are also Black Scuff marks on the walls, the only thing I have found that removes them easily is White Spirit. My problem is the walls are marble paint effect and i dont want to damage the paint work. Does anyone have any ideas on what we can do?

Sarah S & P Cleaning

Re: Brass Cleaning & Scuff Marks- Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:28:43 pm »
Hello there,
I used to do cleans on banking halls and we had to clean the scuffs of desks, walls and door kick plate etcs we just used cream cleaner like jif but test the area first as it could leave a white mark if the surface isnt suitable.
Other item weve used before is like a wall eraser and looks like a big white sponge its sold tescos.
Hope that a help
Sarah
S & P Cleaning Services
P.S Brasso is all weve ever used for Brass,and wd40 is amazing on stainless steel.
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

garyj

Re: Brass Cleaning & Scuff Marks- Advice Needed
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 06:37:53 pm »
Be very careful with those white sponge eraser thingies though, every time I've used one they have left really bad marks, especially on paintwork.