Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

cheap printers
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:05:03 am »
anyone dealt with these companies in exchange and mart offer cheap printing.
I done own leaflet on pc but getting expensive as colour(ink cartridges etc)
any reccomendations
thanks lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

squeaky-clean 1

Re: cheap printers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 01:06:48 pm »
this is the guy that does our printing

www.ingeniousdisplays.co.uk
Belinda
the real boss.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 01:28:57 pm »
Lee,

Have you ever tried refilling your carts at home.  I use the JR kit from ASDA and for about £8 get 3 refills for our Lexmark, multifunction machine.  Also use the colour ones but these kits can only be used on certain akes and models but its worth checking out.

Also we try to keep any colour to a minimum on leaflets as we have not found it makes any difference to the response.  Now we just print black on a bright yellow paper so it stands out.

Try www. vistaprint.co.uk. This is a site Brett introduced me to and they see pretty reasonable but have yet to see the quality.

Good luck,

Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 03:25:47 pm »
got 1000 A5 one sided black and white from local printers for £19.00 inc v.a.t
about average price i believe..

lee_dewing

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 12:13:33 pm »
thanks everyone.
cheers sarah did think next time just to have my logo in colour everything else, blk, have seen jr refills argos do will find out if compatable with kit i in herited hp printer col catrs £32 a pop!
thanks for tips sarah&all
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

KJG

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 02:07:07 pm »
Try a cheap lazer printer. Better quality print, the toner lasts for ever-ish plus the print doesn't smudge if you get it wet. Great for flyers etc.

ray l

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 04:02:19 pm »
hi all ,when i got leaflets done the printer did a really good job using one colour in different shades ie dark blue/ light blue and a few shades in between.
this was still only classed as one colour printing so saved that way

DODA

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 04:11:58 pm »
Hi

With regards to filling the cartridges it does work but you never get the quality that you would with an orignal/or compatible cartridge .
I used to own lexmakr/hp printers and found that new cartridges would cost more than the printer.
I now have a lazer printer and great for black/white printing ,also bought a epsonc62 inkjet printer and can buy compatible cartridges for 99p on the net with no problems what so ever.
here,s a link for hp   
 http://www.aprmedia.com/c_printing_hp_inks.php?link=m&PHPSESSID=a3a0227c5078eac53af36ddc47b10950

darren

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 04:59:39 pm »
Hi

With regards to filling the cartridges it does work but you never get the quality that you would with an orignal/or compatible cartridge .

darren

Darren,

I watched a tv programme recently that covered this subject (the saddo I am).

Basically the re-fills worked fine, but quality did lack a little if you wanted quality photo-prints.

But for routine office use, re-fills are fine.