Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stains-away

Re: Best vacuum?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2006, 11:51:50 am »
As i said, the experiment was very unscientific,the sebo's bags are 5 litre, these were allowed to go to 3/4 full (3.75 litres) x2 =7.5 litres. the dyson (dc04 not dco7 as stated) has a 4 litre capacity to the full mark,4.5 fills = 18 litres, both had the filters cleaned before hand, i should have weighed the extracted material to check how it is compressed within the bag/cylinder, i dont doubt the fragility of the dyson, the wife ruins them on a regular basis (proper Norfolk girl,puts vacuums in the cupboard like shes loading hay on a wagon ;D), as i said in an earlier post i now use the dry vac kit i got with my machine as i find the air driven brush really gets down into the pile.

I recently ran all 3 and a hunter handheld over an old carpet with a badly compressed pile in an equally unscientific manner and found that the air driven brush lifted the pile the best,with the dyson not far behind, the hunter coming in 3rd (nothing like a bit of hard work!!!) and the sebo giving the worst result of all, lifting the pile in the odd spot but leaving it mainly flat and compressed.

Next week,which jelly is best for plaster repairs, lime and strawberry tested ;D