Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetclean

misleading sales
« on: March 04, 2006, 06:07:42 pm »
does anyone know where i stand if buying a prochem 2000 powermax with a 100 psi pump and then discover the psi pump is not 100 but 80 plain as day written on the side. i will be contacting prochem on m onday and my advice for anyone else who has a prochem to look at their pump and check what it says as surely if they sell the machine as a 100 psi then legally it should be just that???
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Karl Wildey

Re: misleading sales
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 06:26:49 pm »
Surely you purchased a machine with a 100psi pump, if you did not get that then its a breach of contract. Prochem are a good company and this is a silly mistake on their behalf, they should change pump without problems.

Are you sure it come with the 100, and it was not an upgrade, written in small print somewhere else

Liahona

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 08:49:02 am »
If they are to change it and I am sure they will, ask for an upgrade at their expense to a higher psi pump, I am not sure what pumps are available here in The UK, but 100 psi?, I wouldnt. It may save you having to upgrade later on and at least now they would be paying for it. Best, Dave.

carpetclean

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:42:25 am »
already upgraded to the 135 which is why i noticed the 80 psi in there kept it for a spare and i was there when it was changed i will contact them monday and expailn the only reason i changed is i found the psi was not good enough and yes it was sold as a 100 psi as in their catologue i bought in in november
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

carpetclean

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 10:52:58 am »
i rang prochem this morning and they tell me that the pump in question is a 100 psi but is in fact an 80 psi by pass so that when the trigger is idle and it reaches 80psi it will by pass to save the life of the pump. was a little put out at their comments on upgrading to a 135 and it not making any difference as to be honest they are right i cant notice any difference at all. so looks like i wasted time and money in the upgrade . well its all experience i suppose
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 04:05:48 pm »
Don't worry, you haven't wasted any time and money at all.

Eventually your 135psi pump will go wrong (no disrespect to prochem, good kit, but even Mercedes break down occasionally) and you have a spare pump already.

Only thing...... upgrade to 135psi you don't see the difference, but I bet you will see a difference when you go back to the original pump after you have got used to the 135.

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 04:10:10 pm »
I noticed a difference with mine, after using a 100psi pump almost everyday for 10yrs you do notice a difference.

Nick
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 05:16:31 pm »
I would have thought upgrading to a 135 psi pump should show an improvement particularly when working upstairs with 2 x 7.5 mtr hoses connected,I estimate approx 30% solution pressure loss.
It's about time all manufacturers supplied machines with a min 200 psi pump.
John.

Liahona

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 05:45:24 pm »
Although it has been years since I went on my first courses if I remember correctly isnt the so say best pressure to hwe a carpet around 450 psi. I know Gary uses 400 I think and I am sure wouldnt think of using even 200. My portable is also over 400 so in my opinion if you are going to upgrade then go for a 400 pump. A good garden hose under a decent water pressure will push out more than 100, you may as well feed your portable with that. I have done so to get out of trouble before and was surprised how effective the hose was. Not only that but how can you do hard floor cleaning with a 1 or 200 psi pump or do you not do hard floors. Best, Dave.   

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 06:17:13 pm »
Hi Liahona
What machine do you have with a 400 psi pump in
and what type of pump head and motor did they fit
Kind Regards
Vernon

Liahona

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 07:18:36 pm »
I dont know the specs on what is what but...... I have 4x 3 stage vac motors and a 1200 psi pump. It is truly close to being a portable truck mount but of course doesnt compare really....... A lot of portables in the US are upwards of 1000 psi because of the ever growing business of cleaning hard floors, stone and tile and grout to name the most popular. Ask Gary as he has a 400 psi pump that I am sure he got from here in England..... although I dont know if it was standard for his machine or if it was an upgrade, either way I am sure he got it from here. My machine is or has 3 leads which is a pain but as it is 110 volts it is legal to be used on commercial jobs whereas 240 volts isnt in a lot of cases. Best, Dave.

carpetclean

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 09:33:58 pm »
hi dave  i am really intrigued with your machine what make is it!? did you have it shipped over?
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Liahona

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 09:52:22 pm »
It is being shipped over as we write..... It was built for me out of a Steamway Ultra 900....... You can make whatever you want to just need the housing for it, again this machine weighs 185 pounds give or take and thats without the heater.