Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

When canvassing to avoid many 1 off's/messer customers---
« on: September 15, 2013, 06:57:28 pm »
On your canvassing form when signing up a new customer simply have a tickbox for the customer stating frequency 4 weekly/8 weekly/1 off without explaining a 1 off is more unless you want 1 off's.
All the customers who tick a 1 off simply dont turn up to do there windows or if your desperate for work charge them more for the 1 off clean.
If you dont give them the option of a 1 off then how will you know who will be good and who will just want that 1 clean from your canvass session?? And then moan how canvassing brings in crap 1 off's etc! It doesnt have to be like that at all...
I have been doing it like this for the last 6months via my stepdads round and topping up roads i already work in which has made retention rate spot on as the 1off's dont get a visit lol..

8weekly

Re: When canvassing to avoid many 1 off's/messer customers---
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:07:54 pm »
Why not just tell them your frequency and ask if that is the kind of service they want as you don't do one off cleans? As long as they know, it seems to work out fine in the long run. If you try to be clever you may well miss a good customer who answers without knowing enough about your service.

home6442

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 07:08:45 pm »
The only problem I see with that is you might get a customer tick for a one off
who just wants to see how good a job you do before agreeing to more.
So if you don't show up then you could still lose a good customer and get a reputation for
being unreliable.

roundbuilder

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:13:26 pm »
The only problem I see with that is you might get a customer tick for a one off
who just wants to see how good a job you do before agreeing to more.
So if you don't show up then you could still lose a good customer and get a reputation for
being unreliable.

That is my other box, if window cleaner does a good job ill want a regular service which is what most people tick if im being honest.
Im not botherd about the 1 off tickers as they are not what im looking for.
Honest there is no problem with this way of doing it, its down to the individual if they wish to do the 1 off's and see the outcome. Only 1 in 10 tick 1 off anyway so isnt a problem.

roundbuilder

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 07:15:16 pm »
Why not just tell them your frequency and ask if that is the kind of service they want as you don't do one off cleans? As long as they know, it seems to work out fine in the long run. If you try to be clever you may well miss a good customer who answers without knowing enough about your service.

If i say ill do them every 4 weeks they will just agree even though they know they just want a 1 off so it wouldnt solve anything would it??thats why giving the, the option is a golden ticket to not waste time with the 1 offs.

Simon Mess

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 07:24:57 pm »
Thing is, you could still have people ticking that they want a regular clean even if they want a one off. When I get new customers, I tell them the work is per calendar month, and ask if that is ok with them. Despite this, I have had a couple of instances, one recently, where after having done the 2nd clean, I had a phone call from the customer saying that they didn't want a regular service!?. You will never win, its just a hassle of the job!.

roundbuilder

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »
Thing is, you could still have people ticking that they want a regular clean even if they want a one off. When I get new customers, I tell them the work is per calendar month, and ask if that is ok with them. Despite this, I have had a couple of instances, one recently, where after having done the 2nd clean, I had a phone call from the customer saying that they didn't want a regular service!?. You will never win, its just a hassle of the job!.

Yes you will still het messers but it custs many of them out..
I built 233 customers in 2.5 months for stepdad and total dropouts has been 7 from having the tick boxes which id class as fantastic results. Had roughly 40 people ticked 1 off which i didnt even put on the round which potentialy would have all been 1 off messers if i didnt give them that choice..
As you say we will never win as its the nature of the game and It takes a good 6 months to calculate how good a customer is i find.
Anyway just thought id share a way to have a better retention via canvassed customers.

robertphil

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 07:33:50 pm »
good idea to say "its monthly,unless you want just a 1 off ?"   , the chancers immediately say , ok  just the once is what we want -you can then not bother with them ,dont give them a chance to backpeddle cos theyll let u down by clean 3

whereas a good egg will say on first meet "no,no we want a monthly clean is that ok  can you do it ?"

windiewasher

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 07:59:30 pm »

Yes you will still het messers but it custs many of them out..
I built 233 customers in 2.5 months for stepdad and total dropouts has been 7 from having the tick boxes which id class as fantastic results. Had roughly 40 people ticked 1 off which i didnt even put on the round which potentialy would have all been 1 off messers if i didnt give them that choice..
As you say we will never win as its the nature of the game and It takes a good 6 months to calculate how good a customer is i find.
Anyway just thought id share a way to have a better retention via canvassed customers.

Thats a great achivement in 2.5 months,well done mick great work.
Great retention rate too m8.
I always say every 4 weeks,and if they after first clean i will call you i say no i will be back in 4 weeks and walk off.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.