Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin purewater

Looking at the weather...
« on: September 15, 2013, 12:30:00 pm »
And I don't think ill bother tomo

Looking at the weather 45mph wind and heavy rain
In Liverpool

Long over due ly in on the cards for me

What's the forcast like everywhere else?
keep it simple

Simon Mess

Re: Looking at the weather...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 01:13:29 pm »
Up here in north east Scotland, the worst of the wind was supposed to be today, but so far, not as bad as expected. Tomorrow, in the area I would be working, looking like 17mph gusting to 30mph, so not that bad, but supposed to be raining too. Will play it by ear, but i'm not expecting to be out!

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 01:24:52 pm »
looking at the bbc site you may be ok

TomCrowther

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 03:23:11 pm »
It's rarely as bad as the forecast.

Simon Mess

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 03:51:23 pm »
Yeah Bob, you could be right, bbc forecast is changing for the better. But the 5 other websites I use are not saying the same thing!.

Tom, I don't know where you are based, but I find the forecasts are as often worse than the forecast than better. Its a problem for me, once the weather starts going downhill, what with my round covering a very large area. If I am working an hours drive away, I like to be fairly confident that I will get a days work done!. But in winter that can be a real gamble, esp if different weather websites saying different things!.

Oh, the joys!

TomCrowther

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 03:57:22 pm »
I'm in Sale, south Manchester. I used to monitor the forecasts a lot but found I would cancel a day's work because high winds and rain were forecast only for the day to turn out ok.

Simon Mess

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 04:05:55 pm »
I'm in Sale, south Manchester. I used to monitor the forecasts a lot but found I would cancel a day's work because high winds and rain were forecast only for the day to turn out ok.
I hear what you are saying Tom, and if im working closer to home, I do tend to just see how its looking in the morning, but if working further afield, I have to rely, at least in part, on the forecasts. When I first started up, I would often find myself driving as much as an hour, only to find the weather just too bad to be working. I would spend hours sitting in the van hoping for the weather to break, but usually end up having to drive home again!. These days, I wouldn't take the risk, and I can usually catch up pretty easily if I fall behind a bit.

scud

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:17:19 pm »
  Tuesday was looking like a really crap day, but is now looking like it will be ok.

Can't win, I wanted it to be wet as I have arranged to go out for lunch.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 05:21:50 pm »
what ever the weather man says g with the complete opposite!

bbc website is the worst! top part will say rain all day, the text bit will say some rain and the bottom map will show no rain. its rubbish! the amount of days lost trusting the bbc weather forecasts is bloody scary man!

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 06:09:43 pm »
what ever the weather man says g with the complete opposite!

bbc website is the worst! top part will say rain all day, the text bit will say some rain and the bottom map will show no rain. its rubbish! the amount of days lost trusting the bbc weather forecasts is bloody scary man!

Bbc round here is pretty accurate bud.
Must be a regional thing.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

markymark

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 06:22:01 pm »
BBC regional forecast here is usually nothing like the national one  ::)roll I just check out the old pine cone about 8 am and debate having a second brekkie. You know, just in case I have a big day on tye glass. Or ps3...  ;D
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.