Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Redden Countryfresh

Pump bearings
« on: March 05, 2006, 08:38:45 am »
Have I just been unlucky, because the bearings seem to go every year on my Shurflo 140 psi induction pump, resulting in pressure drop. You get that noisy sound when your recycling the solution, has anyone else had this problem with this pumpand can you recomend a reliable pump preferably induction ( no brushes ).

Paul
"So basically its a big vax!"

Vernon Purcell

Re: Pump bearings
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 08:47:16 am »
Hi Paul
How old is the pump, and what machine did it come out of.
Vernon

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 07:40:26 pm »
Hi Vernon,
It's out of Ashby's ninja, it's a year old, the same time the other pump went previously. I appreciate if the heater thermosat plays up the pump head can distort resulting in lost pressure ( poppit and spring type ) but at £170 you would think the bearings would last longer than a year! ???

Thanks for your concern  Paul
"So basically its a big vax!"

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 06:30:16 pm »
That why heaters should be in line and be after the pump and not before it, and fitted with a none return valve to prevent the solution from heating back up to the pump

Also you should check out pump prices, you can by a lot cheaper if you shop around baybe save 45% or more ask guys on here we to buy shurflo pumps from

Kind Regards
Vernon Purcell
I can be googled