Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

info needed (help)
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:30:02 pm »
A mate of mine owns a cleaning company and for the last year been using a pole system he is now getting a lot of complaints regarding spots which are being left on the windows as far as I’m aware he use resin two gas cylinder type of tanks and 550lt tank in the back of van and the meter reading is 00 what ever that means

I may not have explained it very well but would like some help

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

PoleKing

Re: info needed (help)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 07:44:19 pm »
Might be better for your mate to get on here.
Could be a lot of things.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 07:57:36 pm »
Hi Darren

He doesn’t do forums so I said I would ask for him, when you say a lot of thing meaning what? Bad maintenance (we get a lot of that on the cc side)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:58:52 pm »
If the tds is 0, then there mut be a technique problem.

home6442

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 08:44:07 pm »
Has he only started to get these problems.
Does he put water above the vents on top of the frame.
Does he know to keep an eye out for problem openers.
There are a number of reasons why he could be leaving spots would need to know where the
spotting is on the window.
Below an opener.
Between two openers.
Below vents.
Along the bottom of the window and so on.

wfp master

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 09:14:04 pm »
Rinse rinse & more rinse.

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 10:42:20 pm »
Rinse rinse & more rinse.

Yep that's what he has to do. 

If it's an add-on service then every job is going to be like a 1st clean. And they take extra time and care to come up good.
Avoid vents at the top of windows after cleaning the window rinse and then rinse some more.
If he's got some cleaning work to do inside then clean the windows 1st so you can get a look afterwards. He may notice a pattern in the types of window that spot.
Wooden stained frames or a bad paint job maybe?

Advise him to take twice as long going around as he does. It will come down to rinsing the glass in the end though.

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 06:38:04 pm »
As I’m no expert on window cleaning so he sent me round to inspect some of there work they turned out to be no other than slap and dash merchants.

Advised him to retrain them or sack them, what’s the betting he will ask me to sack them for gross misconduct