Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Re: I think I shocked a customer today
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 07:02:27 pm »
I can see why the op is annoyed but in an ideal world keeping it profesional is the best way to treat it its obvious she would have most likely been a messer me personally would have said what we normally do when the customer misses an appointment is require a £10 deposit or full payment (depending) payed via online banking which is unrefundable

And by the way I love New York!
Slightly off topic you said you grew up there people have totally different mentality
Destroy win or die the world or nothing just look at those building pure display of Achievement !

SPE

Re: I think I stocked a customer today
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 07:37:23 pm »
Posh and you need to stop been so condescending and smug.Maybe another year at school would have been beneficial to your comprehension and reading skills. If you have  met me you would see my point better, I am no ass    hole. I am well educated and brought up by good parents. I do not subscribe to the adage " The customer is always right" Which 20 years out dated. But  do accept " THE CUSTOMER DESERVES THE RESPECT HE/HER SHOWS".So get with it before you judge others you do not know. Remember Gods waits till you die to judge you, for a reason. Poshmate.
Crikey! chill out Smithie, how have I been condescending or smug ? is a sense of humour a uniquely English thing ?   ;D Why lower yourself to her level if you think she's disrespected you in some way . As far as being judgmental goes I am not the one suggesting people who live in caravans are liars and thieves, and I certainly never suggested you were an ass hole.
hope you are in a better mood this evening.
Simon

davids3511

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 09:59:30 pm »
      Had a booking on Friday for a 3 bed terrace house a new build in  fancy area quoted 24 quid at 2.40 of course customer did not pitch got a call at 3 o clock sorry, but work wAs running late.
I thought No problems she is new. Reskedule for today at 2.30. Get a call at 11 m sorry has to cancel she feels £24 is to high for in and out. clean. Said no problem £24 is a lot for a lying, thieving unreliable cursing and half job window cleaner.But I am not one of those so I suggested. I will send one of those caravan dwellers along the rd outside thestate were she living I am sure they can

accommodate her  fee. Phone goes  dead
 5 MINUTES ANOTHER CALL SHE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT AND WOULD I STILL MEET HER AT 2.40.
          MY  ANSWER,! SORRY LOVE I TO HaVE SEEN THE LIGHT AND i DON`T PROVIDE A SERVICE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON`T RESPECT OTHERS TIME . PHONE GOES DEAD AGAIN.

I  MUST SAY IT MADE  FEELING  GOOD . MONDAYS ARE NOT MY DAY FOR NONCENCE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I understand your frustration but I wouldn't be surprised if she's telling her mates about her lucky escape from the windy with mental health issues.

dave f

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 02:59:57 pm »
did not understand a word of that gibberish

Tony Edwards

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 03:05:38 pm »

I all ways find be polite

You never know who they know !

They might be mates with another customer. Was tempted to gob off a while back but didnt.

Turned out she was my best customers daughter !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 03:08:21 pm »
I can get the irritation at being cancelled twice as it can mess up the scheduling.  Personally, I would have just withdrawn the offer of internal cleaning and substituted external only on my usual turn up and clean basis.  If she happens to be in when I turn up, and if I've got the time, the internal can be discussed separately.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 03:17:49 pm »

I all ways find be polite

You never know who they know !

They might be mates with another customer. Was tempted to gob off a while back but didnt.

Turned out she was my best customers daughter !

Way back in my first year, I had a job that I did maybe two or three times.  I got a rather nasty cancellation letter that not only criticised the quality of my work but my quality as a human being.  I was new to this then and started (trad) with no mentoring so maybe I hadn't done a great job - though everyone else seemed OK with it.  Fast forward a few years and my round had expanded in that village to the point where I had 3 days work in one large village.  One of my customers asked if I could clean her daughter's windows and gave me the address - yes, it was THAT one  ;) .  So I explained (politely) why I wouldn't be doing the job - fully expecting the mother to cancel too.  Well, you should have heard the awful things she started saying about her own daughter LOL.  I could see where the daughter got it from.

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »
I was going to clean the outside widows but due to the windows opening inwards and been messed around twice in one week I might of just been temped to flood the place.The reason I went back a second time ofter the first mess is she apologized for messing round and then as I arrived at her house the second time there was no one at home and I just had a feeling  she would not pitch.At this point my mobile rang, and it was her cancelling because as she said " the window clean was not worth the quoted price she had agreed a week back.This I took with grace elegance.
That was when I called her and told her what she would get for less. This estate has had a blitz of brake ins lately  while folk are at work due newly arrived neighbours in caravans. I don`t think she will try to hire any one to clean her window due to this fact. My apologies to all toes I have trampled on . I am a diabetic and this does effect my temper and some time my wick is on the short side.
One of the negative thing about our job you talk to very few people in the day and when you get home you just want to unload and share  and this forum is just the only place to chat to chaps who should understand your frustration.Then all you get is abuse and sarcasm it adds insult to injury. Which makes things more difficult for you. In future I will be more careful were I air my thoughts. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Michael Peterson

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 05:27:02 pm »
you gotta love the abuse though :-)

andyM

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 05:27:52 pm »
I was going to clean the outside widows but due to the windows opening inwards and been messed around twice in one week I might of just been temped to flood the place.The reason I went back a second time ofter the first mess is she apologized for messing round and then as I arrived at her house the second time there was no one at home and I just had a feeling  she would not pitch.At this point my mobile rang, and it was her cancelling because as she said " the window clean was not worth the quoted price she had agreed a week back.This I took with grace elegance.
That was when I called her and told her what she would get for less. This estate has had a blitz of brake ins lately  while folk are at work due newly arrived neighbours in caravans. I don`t think she will try to hire any one to clean her window due to this fact. My apologies to all toes I have trampled on . I am a diabetic and this does effect my temper and some time my wick is on the short side.
One of the negative thing about our job you talk to very few people in the day and when you get home you just want to unload and share  and this forum is just the only place to chat to chaps who should understand your frustration.Then all you get is abuse and sarcasm it adds insult to injury. Which makes things more difficult for you. In future I will be more careful were I air my thoughts. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I always find that giving the cat a swift kick up the arris when I come home after a bad day always makes me feel better.  ;)
One of the Plebs

SPE

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 05:31:14 pm »
You've explained it much better this time round smithie, if the sarcasm is referring to my comment then i apologise  ;) simon  

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 05:35:02 pm »
That is a popular phrase in motivational speaking circled called " Kick the dog syndrome" its when you have no one lower to craaap out below. Bosses use the workforce. Only poo I don`t have a dog or cat. So I come here for a mutt or two.

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 05:40:37 pm »
English not been my first language I do at time have a problem expressing my thoughts.But I have got a lot better with this craze language. that one spell one way  and says another.But I accept your apology gracefully.No hard feelings. ;D ;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 06:49:52 pm »
English not been my first lounge i do at time have a problem expressing my thoughts.But I have got a lot better with this craze language. that one spell one way  and says another.But I accept your apology gracefully.No hard feelings. ;D ;D ;D ;D

So what exactly is your "first lounge" Smithie?  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Re: I think I shocked a customer today New
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 06:59:50 pm »
O my ffffffffFFFFFFF Ha That  made me lol  ;D ;D ;D a typo

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »
O my ffffffffFFFFFFF Ha mde me lol  ;D ;D ;D a typo

Martian?  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2013, 07:17:28 pm »
Everybody gets the odd customer like that. The ones who think you go out to work that day solely to clean their house. Best way is to be polite and ignore them, be patient and get revenge later on. Iv had time wasters and canvassed the house either side of them so every month their windows get more and more minging whilst their neighbours gleam, everytime they see me sipping a nice cuppa on their neighbours lawn and ask me if i can clean theirs im 'too busy' haha. Use people like that to motivate you to find better customers
when life throws you water, clean windows