Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Website observations on the net in my area.
« on: September 12, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »
It never fails to amaze me what us window cleaners put on our Websites.
My first observation is how so many trad cleaners run WFP down, and of cause the WFP guy run the trad method down on advert on paper on electronic media.
This is one of the most foolish thing  we do, as if WFP guys don't do the shop fronts with a WFP and never use a squeegee.
         Do  trad guy never think that they might just want to move on to Trad sooner or later.
 Now wait for it.
          Do we think our customers forget what we  have already said on your  Websites. T his is such short sighted image we create of yourselves which customers will have imprinted on there subconscious mind long after we have moved on to our next happy foe pare.  Customers do no who we think will just  forget what they have red.
       The image we a  promotion is an industry at war with its self. I am sure 99% of use both methods. I have  just looked a t a Website of a picture of a window cleaning with a squeegee in hand on the page saying trad is a method that leaves streaks on the glass and will attract dirt  quicker due to the soap build up un the glass. Its this type of advertising  just makes us look like less than we are.
        We do not see Toyota saying diesel car are hopeless just because they make a petrol model.
Then is it just because are trying to inadvertently confirming the image we do not deserve.
         Can we not just say we are proud of the multi faceted service we offer our customers.
          Please note I have used we often in this thread as I am part of this industry just as much of the rest of us. This is not an attack on any one but an inward observation of our own silliness. If any one has more to add I will be pleased to read your views and lets not make this a trad v  WFP mud slinging match.
  A wise word to finish.
         Its is said the sign of a true  professional." Is when you see yourselves as part of the bigger picture and not as a single entity". The words of a great business motivational  man Steven Covey.

Spruce

Re: Website observations on the net in my area.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 07:57:42 am »
Having also had a fair bit to do with marketing of product over the years, I agree with your comments on some website content. I would never put some of that stuff on mine (if I had one).

The thing that I find the most difficult to get my head around is the tacky 'how to' videos that people put on YouTube. Some of them are truely embarrassing to watch, but the maker must have thought otherwise. Compare some of them with what Alex Gardiner puts out as an example.
I watched one yesterday on a DIY wood burning boiler and the language was disgusting I didn't watch it for long.

But the world is changing and what us fuddy duddys don't find acceptable, younger generations do. That's the trouble with age - we judge the new world standards by our old world ones.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Total shine cleaning services

Re: Website observations on the net in my area.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 08:29:32 am »
great post Smithie, my own personal view is if u want to use the term professional window cleaner then you need trad and wfp within your set up.
the constant mud slinging between the two is embarrassing and degrading to our industry especially when remarks are made on websites.
It also has a knock on effect on the customers mentality towards us, we constantly see cancellation posts on here which is a good measurement of this.

Graham

Re: Website observations on the net in my area. New
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:46:52 pm »
I agree with all above.
Spruce if the new world was so different in which we are just observers,we could soon see the end of history as a subject in education as it will be regarded as obsolete, as a lesson of what not to do as were told history teaches us.
My biggest concern is the many view points on the forum on subjects concerning our business. It is  this exactly reason   why all of us have problems running our business within the industries and leads to us been bused by customers and every every other avenue of business.
   The only thing we mostly seem to agree on that Gadeners makes a good pole.I am not saying we should all be the same, but we do have a hell of a lot of things in common which should produce the same needs. Not so?