Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanmac

Re: HOMEMADE MICROSPLITTERS???
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 09:54:21 pm »
STPP banned in the USA? A compound used in the worlds best selling carpet cleaning powder.Also the only ingredient in a product called Procyon,widely available in the US.
Before I forget, Ed Crawford is no inventor but merely an introducer of a product of which he now is a licensed reseller.And microsplitting is no invention either.

Gullible

Doug Holloway

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 01:36:30 pm »
Mac,

I said STPP is banned in LAUNDRY PRODUCTS :o

I worked in Research and Development for 6 years and we often considered which we were doing.

I would say MS was a development not an invention hence the 'ED Crawford the  so called inventor' ;)

Cheers

Doug

Graeme@Access

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 01:05:09 pm »
Hi,

STPP is probably banned in Laundry products as it has a very high BOD.  The biological oxygen demand (BOD) for simple phosphates is very high, so they should be treated before being relesed into the enviroment.

In simple terms, when anything is released in water streams bacteria/algae etc digest it.  In digesting the substance they require oxygen and take that from the water stream.  Basically, if the bacteria use a lot of the oxygen in the water, there is none left for the wildlife (eg fish or plants) so everything in the river dies.

Waste from your sink/washing machine is released (untreated) into water courses.  So using zeolites/silicates or phosphates in high concentrations then releasing them into water courses means there is not enough oxygen left for everthing else.

I have explained this so badly im pretty ashamed, but if you are interested then search for BOD and you will get a better explanation.  This is the main reason for pouring your waste down the sewer and not the drains.

Hope this helps

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions