Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Griffus

SLX35
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:35:14 pm »
Is there a simple way to get the end protector off from the bottom of the bottom section? I've tried boiling water but it didn't budge so I'm guessing it's glued on.

Anyone know?

Cheers

Re: SLX35
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:41:33 pm »
Rubber gloves and twist, I had the same problem on my SLX22.

Regards

Simon

Alex Gardiner

Re: SLX35
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:10:05 pm »
Is there a simple way to get the end protector off from the bottom of the bottom section? I've tried boiling water but it didn't budge so I'm guessing it's glued on.

Anyone know?

Cheers

Hi Griffus

As your SLX35 is an older model it will have a glued on end-cap that will need cutting off (new ones are push-fit). If the glue is older you can sometimes knock them off by shutting the next section up from the base section down quickly and hitting it from inside – worth a try.

The new SLX-II end caps are all push-fit on. Sometimes though they can be quiet difficult to twist off so what I do is to pour a kettle of boiling water over it and then it slides off easily. A few removals and re-fits will see it loosen up slightly and then it will be able to be pulled on and off as required with no need for hot water.