Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

the red carpet

extracta scrubba deluxe
« on: February 17, 2006, 06:48:26 pm »
why dont you use them

iv been reading through a lot of previous posts about these
and it seems a lot of you have them but hardly ever seem to use them
i cant find a bad word said about them on any thread but it seems so many people have them and hardly ever use them why?

in my opinion these things are 1000% better than a standard wand, i have the extracta wand and i hate it the scrubba is less effort, gives better results, and leaves the carpet dryer imo.
i used it today in a awkward office and didnt like it one bit.

i was reading a old thread today and they got good reviews by
steve gunn
lee gundry
glynn
to name a few, do you guys still use these or has somthing better come along since?

stevegunn

Re: extracta scrubba deluxe
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 07:12:03 pm »
I still have mine but don't use it anymore wand with glide much better.

John Rimmer Marshall & Rimmer Ltd

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 07:27:25 pm »
Have one in the shed not used it in years weaghs a ton much easier with
a wand or rotorvac.

Take Care John

Steve Chapman

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 08:01:22 pm »
I do have a deluxe scrubba, and they do an excellent job, but i really don't like the weight of the thing, if you use it all day it can really put a strain on you arm, I much prefer the standard wand (with glides) and only use the scrubba if i have to!

If they made a lighter model would prob use more :)
steve

the red carpet

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 09:36:54 pm »
i think the impression im getting from this and previous posts is that they do a great job but theres easier options

so forgetting ease of use for a minute, which would do the best job?

scrubba
wand with glides
rotovac

and in what order?

i was having a mess about with scrubba and wand  today and i found
it takes 3 strokes with the wand to get the carpet as dry as 1 with the scrubba, and the scrubba's a lot less work imo
big heavy thing to get in and out of the van granted, but once your up and running no probs

Phil Marlor

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 10:24:04 pm »
Use my scrubba all the time, as you say leaves carpet dryer (not sure why) and is easier to use and I believe does a better job than a wand.

The Extracta wand is awful, its been in my shed for about 3 years now.

I would like a new wand fitted with these guides having read all the posts about them.

Phil

ps  Anyone notice the mighty Hatters beat the runaway leaders tonight? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:42:50 pm »
Extracta do a smaller and lighter model which might be better. I used the scrubber twice only, and only bought it after seeing one on the Extracta course and thinking i needed it.

The thing about the scrubber is that you are pulling it towards you, with your back approaching a wall, you then have to go across this strip in the other direction. Also the weight of the thing was marking my cars interior.

Dave.

i still have one for salea
 at reduced price of £300 (Used twice) and can be run straight from mains from any twin vac machine.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 07:14:22 pm »
...The thing about the scrubber is that you are pulling it towards you, with your back approaching a wall, you then have to go across this strip in the other direction...

Dave,

Please explain to me - a newbie: what difference does it make if you have to "go across that strip in the other direction"?

Many thanks,
Arthur

John Kelly

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 07:22:58 pm »
Lightweight wands are much easier and less stressful to use than either the Extracta wand or Scrubba. The extracta wand is designed on the drag wand principal where the weight sticks it to the carpet and you drag it back towards you. With a light weight wand you use a different technique and it is also much easier to do a couple of drying passes.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 07:34:19 pm »
John, thank you for your explanation.

I hope to see you with Prowler-portable truckmount at Carpex.

Kind regards,
Arthur

carpetclean

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 09:03:20 pm »
i think we all want  to see the prowler
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 09:23:20 pm »
Arthur

When you clean with a scrubber you pull it backwards as you walk backwards. As you approach say a wall behind you, you obviusly have to stop unless you can walk through walls.

Obviously you have only covered a certain length, so to cover this missed area, you then have to go at right angles to the strip you just done.

I might now convert mi'ne over to high pressure usage for my truck mount as it is a cheaper option than a dedicated prochem one.

Regards Arthur, hope i have explained myself enough without confusing you.

Dave

John Kelly

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 10:40:14 pm »
Just to clarify, we aren't actually exhibiting at Carpex but will be bringing a couple of machines down if anyone wants a look.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 10:13:41 pm »
Just to clarify, we aren't actually exhibiting at Carpex but will be bringing a couple of machines down if anyone wants a look.

John, for the sake of potential buyers where are you going to show your Prowler-portable truckmoun. 

Steve has left very good feed back about it.

Kind regards,
Arthur