Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

Chamois and i like them
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »
That's right got board so thought I would give a off cut a go for the sake of a couple of quid. As I trad as well as WFP I like to try things out for my self and this I wish I had tried a long time ago.

The way I use them is, wash the glass and with  damp chamois wipe the frame touching the glass as well ,it takes all the water off and when I blade the glass there really is no need to use  a scrim.

Now I know you can do this with a scrim or micro fibre and I have both but it doesn't work the same, the chamois don't seem to hold all the crap like the others .

BUT to get the best results you must be able to blade good or your bad habits will give a crap job  8)

Its sort of give me a bit of motivation as I was getting fed up but looking forward to getting back on the glass again  ;D

Richard Shepherd

Re: Chamois and i like them
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:57:08 pm »
You need to get yourself one of them water fed pole things, won't need scrim, chamois or squeegee. ;)

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:48:13 pm »
That's right got board so thought I would give a off cut a go for the sake of a couple of quid. As I trad as well as WFP   I like to try things out for my self and this I wish I had tried a long time ago.

One of these you mean  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 11:07:01 pm »
Detailing with a chamois? You'll end up with arms like popeye.
They don't glide like a good scrim or microfiber but i'd agree with the result. And they last ages as well.

I use scrim now.  :)

wpclean

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 11:18:59 pm »
Slimy, and you need to to invest in chamois mop to go over the window first, and then let the sun shine, and you will pick up loads of customers  ;D